Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Like Tree9095Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsandFords View Post
I was going to "LIKE" your post because you found the service manual info. I really don't "LIKE" the way it reads! UnitD77 was spot on when he replaced his. His post reads like he went with the most obvious procedure.

I still don't "LIKE" it! It's just me though.
What UnitD77 did just goes to show you that there may be other ways to accomplish something.

But he spent extra on his repair for the food and beer for his friends help.
VsandFords likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
145k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93
Old 20 Apr 2017, 09:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

I bought my PT/GT/vert another ragtop friend to hang out with... It's kinda a Chrysler (Chrysler/Fiat) and it's turbo. The upside is, no matter who wins the "I want to drive it" argument on any given day between my wife and I, the other still gets a turbo drop-top. Ok, so Mazda builds it, but with Chrysler power and suspension. Ok, it's not really Chrysler power, it's Fiat. But that's kinda Chrysler... right? Anyway, it's fun as hell. Six-speed Abarth (performance) package.

image.jpg
Old 21 Apr 2017, 07:57 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtPt05 View Post
I bought my PT/GT/vert another ragtop friend to hang out with... It's kinda a Chrysler (Chrysler/Fiat) and it's turbo. The upside is, no matter who wins the "I want to drive it" argument on any given day between my wife and I, the other still gets a turbo drop-top. Ok, so Mazda builds it, but with Chrysler power and suspension. Ok, it's not really Chrysler power, it's Fiat. But that's kinda Chrysler... right? Anyway, it's fun as hell. Six-speed Abarth (performance) package.

Attachment 21811
Beautiful car!
Old 21 Apr 2017, 08:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Part of working on many PT Cruiser and having a *supply of new parts on hand is making sure when I use those parts for others that I re-order them. Welp....my PT is not running because I fried "both" my HO2's. Yes both of them. I think with some of my secret fuel additive and ..shall we say always needing to prove that it is a Super Gas Camaro in disguise wrapped around a PT Cruiser body and lots of N20 use. I burned them up. This was the first time my PT left me stranded. Well not exactly it was a few houses down from my house and I tricked the PCM enough to get it home and up in the driveway. *6 new HO2's are now ordered up and on the way from our good friends at RockAuto.

& ase =Already Seriously Experienced
Old 21 Apr 2017, 09:07 am
Senior Cruiser

What brand do you use? I think I'm switching to ntk for for my nb and wb from now on. I seem to ruin bosch
Old 21 Apr 2017, 10:56 am
Senior Cruiser

Changed oil, filter and rotated tires last night. Also, replaced all of the lug nuts with the SS caps, that keep coming off, with Superior Super Nuts. This morning on the way to work, there is a vibration in the steering wheel around 60mph. Guess I should have the balance checked.
rckstein likes this.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 21 Apr 2017, 10:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
What brand do you use?
sorry negative answer but I think you understand why?
I dont recommend HO2/O2 on some forums anymore. To many experts that seem to "frick" up what I often use for myself and customers and think they are low quality.

Old 21 Apr 2017, 11:56 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
sorry negative answer but I think you understand why?
I dont recommend HO2/O2 on some forums anymore. To many experts that seem to "frick" up what I often use for myself and customers and think they are low quality.

Who cares what people think are low quality or high quality parts! Actually, let's say for sake of argument that they are Low quality. If you can make a low quality sensor last for only even a few thousand miles with a heavy foot, and forcing a bottle down its throat then you must be doing something right.... Lol.... If whoever is buying the part, low or high quality, is happy with what they are getting then what's the issue? Hey... If you're payin'.... Then you're sayin'... Lol
But, then again, im not in the part sales field so my options don't mean squat.....lol

Last edited by Silver_Sleeper; 21 Apr 2017 at 01:11 pm.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 12:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sleeper View Post
Who cares what people think are low quality or high quality parts!
The problem is that many post information based on very limited experience regarding parts choices and usage. To most if the single part fails for any reason it must be by many the fault who and where it was manufactured. Or if it is not a dealer part than it must be inferior to some degree. Those that are in the Automotive industry Business do not see the same failure rate of any specific parts used as those on forums or reporting internet information. We deal in greater numbers of parts used and see what the suspected and real failure is of most of them.
As a pretty solid rule when I give any recommendation concerning parts it is based on multiple and long time use of them and not based on normal failure of anything in the world manufactured by man that is "NEW" or how it was installed.
I have never said or claimed that there are some very low quality parts available but for the most part if the manufacture at least states as per manufacture specification then that part is as good as a dealer part and in many cases exceeds the quality of the dealer.

Example: I use FRAM oil filters (still do among other brands) for over 40 years,sold hundreds,used maybe the same on my own engines, and have NEVER had one fail...NEVER!! But you ask the forums or read crap on the internet and you find someone that has. So that single time having one supposedly fail they stop using FRAM altogether?

I could talk about Thermostats,water pumps,drive belts, Spark plugs,ignition wires,sensors,gaskits, etc., etc., etc., and on this forum someone will respond having had a limited parts usage fail and will condemn the brand. However if one investigates a little more and gets all the facts and information ore often than not we find more human error and not the part to be the failed cause. LOL

Last edited by NitroPT; 21 Apr 2017 at 01:04 pm.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 01:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
I fried "both" my HO2's.
Pulled them they look fair but tested them and , well as I said.."fried"!

I spent more time looking for gloves so I did get dirty then actually removing them. I really need to pressure wash the under side. I have not done it in a while.