PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Similar to PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2010, 04:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Similar to PT

Hi everyone,

I must say that i am in love with PT cruisers design but I heard that it can not do well in crash tests and it has no any pleasure while driving.

So are there any other cars like pt with an unique design?

Thanks everyone.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 05:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Similar to PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcimasizHasmet View Post
Hi everyone,

I must say that i am in love with PT cruisers design but I heard that it can not do well in crash tests and it has no any pleasure while driving.

So are there any other cars like pt with an unique design?

Thanks everyone.
Theres many, dont you get out?
But ill admit, theres none LIKE the pt, but theres many that are very unique.
I for one think that possibly one of the most unique (not so much in my taste) is the Toyota FJ cruiser. Definitely an odd and new look.
Dont anyone dare say any porsche. Im pretty sure they havent done a redesign since the 60s.
Gotta say, the best looking car ive ever seen is the Bugatti Veyron.
I realise people will say "well your just picking the most expensive one!" NOT TRUE, This is has 0 carbon fiber , its all muscle. 16.4 liter , quad turbo, 9mpg engine.Thats 1 turbo for every 4 cylinders! with a top speed of over 260. And pushes over 1000hp. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. WHAT!?
Also, to get the tires changed, you need to fly it to france. The tires i believe are around 120k for a set since their made specially for the car. And the service to have them changed is 70k. Those are novelty prices guys!
But i honestly think even if it had only a l4, i would still love it. It just looks amazing and like nothing else, well because it is like nothing else.

When you turn the key that lets you break the 240 mpg limit, the rear spoiler retracts, the whole car lowers and vents in the front close for aerodynamic perks.
THE fastest car in the world. Has better lap times than formula 1 cars

And it can be yours for the LOW LOW LOW price tag of 2.4 million. Pretty sure i just crapped myself
They have recently just passed a law over in england where a car manufacture has to meet certain carbon levels. And its done be average. So if say, chevy for example has 10 cars with terrible emissions, they have to make an equal number of cars with excellent emissions to even it out. So thats terrible for companies like Aston Martin that ONLY make fast fast polluting cars. Their going to be releasing a hatchback that looks just awful to meet these emission standards
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.

Last edited by Freezinghot; 17 Oct 2010 at 05:24 am.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 05:29 am
Banned

Beware folks! obvious FISHERMAN alert!

Jerry
Old 17 Oct 2010, 05:30 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
Beware folks! obvious FISHERMAN alert!

Jerry
Not quite sure what that means, but YA!
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 08:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezinghot View Post
Not quite sure what that means, but YA!

It means, I believe, that the first poster is just "fishing" around here to stir up a response of PT owners by pointing out some things that will arouse our feelings. He's 100% not a PT owner.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 11:48 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone.
I almost get the impression that you have not driven one yourself and are going by what others have said. Everybody has a different perception as to what is comfortable, pleasurable, and durable. I would suggest you drive one till you pass judgment. Only had mine for two and a half days now and loving it. My girlfriend had said to me earlier this summer that she had rented one a few years back and remembered it drove like a tin can. Now that I have one, she said she loves the passenger side, but does not like driving anything bigger than a Yaris, hence her memory of an unpleasant ride when she had rented one to drive herself. Just think you might sell yourself short if you don't take one for a test drive to get a true sense of whether it is or is not for you.

I was looking for a fun summer ride and my girlfriend had pointed out that this has pretty good crash test results compared to the motorcycles I had been eying... all things being relative... or maybe not.

Last edited by Lakota; 17 Oct 2010 at 09:15 pm.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 03:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for detailed response, I am not a troll

Renting is a good idea, I'll give a try. Also I live in europe so I have to buy a second hand one. Is 2005 production and 2010 production same? Are there any mechanical differences between USA production and europe production?
Old 17 Oct 2010, 04:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's the 2006+ when Chrysler changed the body work inside and out. I would think there are differences between the states and European versions because of the strick emissions regulations in the U.S. and other regulations. You need the rear fog light, we don't. You need the small white light in the headlights, we don't. There's certain padding in the US (like visors) that you don't have to have. I'm pointing out differences with the UK models and the US, I'm not sure if the other European countries are the same.

Re-reading your post, you asked for mechanical differences and I'm not sure. Europe does have engine models than we do. All we have is the 2.4 ltr gas engine (turbo and non-turbo). Europe has the 1.6 petrol, 2.2 CRD, and 2.0 petrol.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 17 Oct 2010 at 04:07 pm.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 08:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
It means, I believe, that the first poster is just "fishing" around here to stir up a response of PT owners by pointing out some things that will arouse our feelings. He's 100% not a PT owner.
I dont follow the purpose or harm of it
Old 17 Oct 2010, 08:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks for detailed response, I am not a troll

Renting is a good idea, I'll give a try.
That's how I ended up with mine... I rented a 2007 while on vacation in August of that year, and then bought this 2006 in March '09.

It's been a great little car and has given me NO TROUBLE at all... I've done nothing to it but routine maintenance and gas fillups. As far as crashes, I haven't had one but I did get backed into last year and the car held up well... left fender and door damage that was repaired. I've seen photos of PT Cruiser collisions and IMHO the car holds up very well.