Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
10 years old!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2010, 05:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default 10 years old! (pics added)

Its hard to believe, but my PT was built October of 2000. I can't believe its been 10 years!
Still no major problems besides regular maintenance and besides some rock chips it looks as good as it did when I picked it up. (knock on wood)
Hopefully it will last at least another 10!
Are there any other original owners out there that have passed their 10th birthday?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold.jpg (75.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold2.jpg (45.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold3.jpg (41.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold4.jpg (30.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold5.jpg (67.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold6.jpg (57.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PT10yrsold7.jpg (61.2 KB, 9 views)
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler

Last edited by Pat1USMC; 23 Oct 2010 at 07:40 am.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 06:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: 10 years old!

Thats great.Not many people have a car that long these days.How many miles are on it?You got any pictures?
Old 19 Oct 2010, 10:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

My PT is seven years old, and looks pretty new. The flames are starting to burn off, however--which bugs me a little, I have 68,000 on it. the radiator fans maay have been crap, but Chrysler did an okay job witht the paint ....

Tim
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

well, happy' big one oh' to your car!

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 20 Oct 2010, 06:14 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: 10 years old!

Hey their Pat1USMC,

Congrats on the milestone. Mine just turned 8 a couple months ago. I have had mine since I first laid eyes on it sitting on the showroom floor at my local Chrysler Dealer, and have loved it ever since. Its just got that something that is so hard to describe, but their is definitely something way cool about it. Anyways, I am hooked for life for sure!

Again congrats, and here is to 10 more.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 20 Oct 2010, 01:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Bought mine in June 2000. Dept. of Motor vehicles actually have it registered as a 2000 rather than a 2001.

Running strong.

Replaced the radiator and brake callipers this year, plus had to replace the power steering plumbing as it had rusted through in one spot. Have a bubble under the paint by the rear wiper and a little peeling on one rocker panel. Nothing that can't be touched up. Planning on keeping it for a few years yet.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 05:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks guys. Its good to hear there are other "old" PTs out there! I'm about to turn 97,000 miles, so not as many as some but I only drive her once in a while now. She did a total of two coast to coast drives and several up and down the East Coast.

I've been busy with a new job but I'll have to put pictures up this weekend. Its amazing how well the interior has held up. The inferno red paint was well worth the extra $200.

I've been through 21 cars but the PT is the car I have kept the longest and the only one I still have! I waited 9 months for her to be built.
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 20 Oct 2010, 07:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I am an origional owner of a 2003 Patriot blue Touring--still looks new after 86K miles,,, goining on 8years strong! Who says the Toyotas & Hondas are only the good ones? Not! MJB
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Off the showroom floor in September 2000. 104,000 miles. Member of the PT Old Timers Club, Year 2000 Original Owners.

Welcome to the PT Cruiser Old Timers Club

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: 10 years old!

I have an 03, my exwife headed out with 11 miles on speedo, and was angry at me, called me and said "did you know this car will do 110mph"? That was the first 120 miles on it. I have 134,000 miles on it and just this month replaced the timing belt and water pump. She is gone, i still have the croozer. Gettin ready to put a trailer hitch on it, and head back to south florida before winter hits here in oklahoma. I have no credit, ex ruined it, so this is the last car i will own...I will find out how long a croozer will last...Only complaint i have is the radio now sounds like it is stuck between stations. But the cd player still works.