Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
a/c over pressure on low side

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2010, 02:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cool a/c over pressure on low side

Had someone try to service my a/c unit on 2005 pt and it over pressures on the low side popping off valve when pump comes on car only has 50,000 any ideas?
Old 25 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: a/c over pressure on low side

I've had some pretty good success going to AC Kits dot com, here: Automotive AC Information Forum - ACKITS.COM and asking on their forum. It's run by Arizona Mobile Air in Phoenix, Arizona. They run a parts mail order and also an on-site repair business. For me, they are local and they have never, ever steered me wrong. Look at their FAQs before you ask. If you can frame your question in a standard way, e.g., PSI at a given temperature, with a given temperature at the dashboard, they can help a lot better.

But from the sound of things, my first thought is that you may have moisture in the system.

Looking at your question again, I have another question: Did someone service your system? If yes, did they just add R-134 to it? It could have moisture, too much refrigerant, and also air, and who-knows-what. Also, where are you located?

Last edited by Matt42; 25 Oct 2010 at 10:46 pm.