Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Brrrrrrr winter is coming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2010, 06:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Brrrrrrr winter is coming

....its almost time to put the winter tires on the PT and park the Mustang...only 2degrees celcius raining windy and cold...so much for top down driving for a while
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 24 Oct 2010, 07:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Brrrrrrr winter is coming

was driving just 15minutes ago, indicated outside temp was 0 degree celcius, will have to prep my pt for the winter soon

I will...
-do my oil change
-put my brand new studded winter tires on, maybe also paint the lip of the steel rim in blue, like the car, for a bit of style
-get the block heater plug out
-and maybe install some big rally style mud flaps
Old 24 Oct 2010, 07:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Brrrrrrr winter is coming

Still "Top Down" weather in OkieCity!
Light breeze and 80 F here today.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 24 Oct 2010, 08:15 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Same here. Just a bit windy today and rain. But the weather the last few weeks make me miss my lebaron vert.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 24 Oct 2010, 08:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Here in Indianapolis, it is 68F/24C about about 10:00pm. Overnight we are supposed to be at about 60F/16C and even warmer tomorrow. However by end of the week it is supposed to be much cooler, high only 55F/13C, low 37F/3C. That is still warm as far as I care.

No garage here as I live in an apartment so my Cruiser sets out all winter and is typically driven every day unless the snow is really deep than I might hop in the Caravan for a few days.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 25 Oct 2010, 02:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

It's getting close. Been around 0C all week except for today, its 2AM and 10C!!!
Old 26 Oct 2010, 05:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

I feel for you living in the great up north, NY sucks in the winter but nothing like what you guys go through. I've about had with NY taxes and the cold I may head down to Florida sometime in the future.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 26 Oct 2010, 07:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

We've been lucky so far, the weather's been okay, but put on the winter tires this week anyway. Already miss the other rims and tires...
Old 27 Oct 2010, 02:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Lots of weatehr warnings out. Strong winds overnight, lots of rain but so far its only rain here, no snow yet!!

Looks like west of here is getting it pretty good though. Colorado looks like its getting dumped on.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 03:52 pm
Young Cruiser

How are the PT's in the snow and ice (I will probebly find out in the next day unforntantly)? Pretty standard FWD abilities? My chrysler Mini van is one of the best 2wd FWD cars I have ever owned in snow with plain old (good tread) tires. I was thinking the PT has a bit more wieght than most small cars so it should help a bit with traction. I sure hope so, had great luck the last 10 or so winters with FWD cars, hope the PT is as good or better hten most of them.