Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Locking Gas Cap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2010, 07:08 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Mopar Locking Gas Cap

I bought a mopar locking gas cap today, it took me about 10 minutes of working around to get it locked! Is there some specific way of locking it that Im unaware of? I turned the cap until it clicked with the key in it, then i tried turning the key to the left, but it wouldnt come out so i had to turn it back to the right, and then it still wouldnt locked! I just kept turning the key this way and that way until all of a sudden, the key came out and it was locked. After that i unlocked it and tried to lock it again the same way, nothing doing. Finally, another 5 min of working and it mysteriously locked again, but i stil have NO clue how
Can someone please help me?
Old 30 Oct 2010, 08:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Mopar Locking Gas Cap

Take it back to the dealer. I have had two from them and have had NO problems. I never leave the key in the cap when I put it on. Just sit it in the tube and turn until it clicks.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 30 Oct 2010, 09:07 pm
Banned

AS Hooligan said, remove the key before you put the cap into the filler pipe. Turn the cap until you hear it click. Close the fuel door and your done.

Jerry
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks guys. The problem was that I wasnt used to clicking it 3 times, i usually just clicked it a time or 2 and it wont automatically lock until it clicks at least 3 times. Problem solved.