PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
REMOVING REAR SEAT HEADRESTS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2010, 08:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default REMOVING REAR SEAT HEADRESTS

Hi, guys.
I did a search for this, but couldn't find any posts on it. I thought that I had read that someone had suggested removing the rear seat headrests to get better visibility out the rear hatch window.

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to remove them? I never have anyone sitting in the back seats anyway, and it really does look like it would give me some better visibility.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 30 Oct 2010, 08:29 pm
Banned

Default Re: REMOVING REAR SEAT HEADRESTS

It's in your drivers manual (a good thing to read) Simply depress the button that is at the base of each rod that goes from the headrset into the seat. then pull up to remove the headrest while you are depressing the buttons. One of the buttons of each pair is larger than the other.

Jerry
Old 30 Oct 2010, 10:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hey, thanks Jerry! The owner's manual...geez, I never would've thought to look there. Based on past vehicles that I've had, I just assumed that they were adjustable up and down, but not removeable.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 31 Oct 2010, 07:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Steve,

I'm the one who suggested to remove the rear headrests for better advisability but don't forget, you can't have rear passengers with the headrests removed, highly illegal. If you don't carry passengers (like me) you'll have 4 holes in the top of the seats where the headrests sat and they are the perfect size for door lock pulls to fit in.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 09:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the info, Carey. I knew that I had seen some mention of removing the headrests a couple of days ago. I just couldn't find it again, which is why I made the post. Maybe I'll take mine out and just stow them away in the back under the rear shelf, in the event that I ever do have rear passengers. Thanks for mentioning the legality part. That never would've occurred to me.

Steve