Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Trade in Value?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Dec 2010, 11:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Trade in Value?

Hello. I have a 2004 PT Cruiser that I need to trade in. Unfortunately, my husband has to have a van (ICK!!) for work purposes, so my baby needs to go. I was wondering if anyone knows an approximate trade in value for her. She's in excellent condition, well maintained, 4 door automatic with hatch, but has just over 100,000 km. I am so sad to loose her, (her name is Betsy..lol) but I know this has to be done. I have checked online, but depending on where you look, the values are varied. I was hoping to get at least $4000 (trade in) but $3000 would be ok...I guess. She has been such a great car. I am so sad to loose her.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone here traded in their PT? What did you get?

Thanks in advance,
Betsy's Mom.

Last edited by BetsysMom; 16 Dec 2010 at 11:22 am. Reason: mistake...changed miles to KM.
Old 16 Dec 2010, 11:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Trade in Value?

well kelly blue book is what most on here use and if i did it right im pretty sure you will not like the out come it could change depending on what state you re in but not a lot the 100,000 miles is a deal killer and the fact that it is 7 years old kind of hurts as well
Old 16 Dec 2010, 11:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Well, she is in fantastic shape. We have always kept her well maintained, regular oil checks, seasonal check-ups, and any small repairs were always done right away. But she has been driven back & forth to work, (hubby commutes) OOps...by the way....I meant she has just over 100,00 km NOT miles...sorry for that...lol. So it's not miles. I sometimes use miles, cups, etc..... is that showing my age??..lol.

And I am in Canada.

Last edited by BetsysMom; 16 Dec 2010 at 11:32 am.
Old 16 Dec 2010, 11:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

trade In Values and Prices
Steps: Kelley Blue Book Values
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Sport Wagon 4D
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
(Sport Wagon 4D)
Mileage
Engine
4-Cyl, 2.4 Liter
Drive/Transmission
FWD/Automatic

Equipments: Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM Stereo, CD (Single Disc), Dual Air Bags, Steel Wheels
Condition Info Private Party Value Trade-In Value Suggested Retail Value Certified Pre-Owned
Excellent $5,315 $3,850 $6,815 N/A
Good $4,865 $3,475 N/A N/A
Fair $4,165 $2,875 N/A N/A

i used my zip and 60,000 miles i thikng that is close to 100000km hope this helps
Old 16 Dec 2010, 11:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsysMom View Post
Well, she is in fantastic shape. We have always kept her well maintained, regular oil checks, seasonal check-ups, and any small repairs were always done right away. But she has been driven back & forth to work, (hubby commutes) OOps...by the way....I meant she has just over 100,00 km NOT miles...sorry for that...lol. So it's not miles. I sometimes use miles, cups, etc..... is that showing my age??..lol.

And I am in Canada.

I did not read the Canada part so I really have no idea what the value is up there it kind of seems they are a little higher up north but I could be wrong

have you all had the timing belt changed and or the water pump

and you are not showing your age but rather the fact that i am some times kinda SLOW
Old 16 Dec 2010, 12:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

I recently got $3500 trade in for my '03 touring edition up to a GT. It had 85000 miles and original timing belt and water pump.
Old 16 Dec 2010, 01:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Check your region in Kijiji and Used pt cruiser Cars For Sale In Ontario - autoTRADER.ca online.

Both links show your vehicle if etested and saftied should fetch at least what you want. See what they offer you on a trade in, prior to needing to complete the deal. Then if you are not happy with their offer you can sell it privately. Private is usually best route anyway since a trade in will need to be lowballed so they can make a profit on it as well as the new car they sell you.

You also should post pics and stuff here as many Canadians read this forum and you may surprise yourself and sell it on the 4sale subforum on this forum.
Old 16 Dec 2010, 07:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Truthfully, anymore your trade value is based on what the stealership is willing to pay for it. Best way to find out is go to AutoMax or one of those big used car lots and have them make you an offer. I do that whenever I want to know the value of my vehicles...
Old 16 Dec 2010, 09:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

I just go to Kelly Blue Book, or Edmund's, and put in my zip code. Then, after putting in the miles and condition of the vehicle, and all the stuff it has, I tell it I want to know the trade-in value. It gives me the dealer trade-in value for my zip code.

Tim