Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what years are interchangeable

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default what years are interchangeable

hi all i just wiped out the front end on my 2004 pt i basicly need the hole front clip what years are interchangeable i heard 2000 to 2006 are the same sheetmetal and what about the radiator and cond. thanks chris
Old 17 Dec 2010, 01:56 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: what years are interchangeable

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the Forum, and sorry to hear bout your little incident you had there.

The 2000 - 2005 is the older body style and is 100% universal no matter which year you look at. In 2006 they went through a slight redesign but the basic inner body structure stayed the same so the newer front end will also fit as well if you would like to update the front end verses the older one. The only difference when transitioning to the newer front end is the headlights on the newer front ends have a dip on the bottom side of the headlight which is different from the older straight design, and the newer dipped headlight design is also integrated into the front bumper so you would need the whole front end including the lights to update everything, but beyond that their should be no further issues as far as I know.

I have now seen several updated front ends done with no problems at all and everything basically just bolts up to the existing structure.

You could also if you wanted, look at possibly going to an Aftermarket Front End as well. You have got PTeazer, ODaddyO, Xenon, and so forth that make all the parts you would need to do it, and I know PTeazer, and ODadddyO I believe too who are always trying to work out deals with Customers to try to help meet their budgets on parts wherever they can to try to help get the job done so I would definitely not exclude them if you might like what they have to offer but not think you could ever afford it.

Just in case you haven't already seen them, here are some Links to the usual places for cool PT Parts.

PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions

Main Page @ odaddyo.bravehost.com - A Bravenet.com Hosted Site

Cruiser Motor Sports

Chrysler PT Cruiser Parts and Accessories by Race and Street

Anyways, those are the main people in PT Parts for ya just in case you might not have seen them. Ya never know.

Other than that, should you want to go stock I would probably suggest first trying to call around to local wrecking yards and see if you can track down the parts used which would be your cheapest bet.

You can also track down many good parts here as well.

Auto Body Parts & Mirrors - Auto Parts Warehouse

Only thing I will warn you about in your search, their are two kinds of parts available out there. One is an OEM Part which is good original speced parts which cost more, but are well worth it as they will line up, provide good gaps, and cause you a lot less headaches. Then their are what are known as Aftermarket reproduction OEM Parts which are basically knock offs of the original stuff, and are cheaper cost wise, but also manufactured from much cheaper, thinner material, not OEM speced, will not fit right and will cause a lot of headaches when trying to get the gaps correct every time. SO its kinda a catch 22 if you were to have a body shop do the work as you can spend more on parts, and less on labor to make it fit, of les on parts, and more on labor to fit an finish. Its up to you.

Insurance Companies love to try to either use the reproduction parts which are the cheapest, and I would fight the use of them every time, and then recycled parts which are good OEM Parts from salvage yards which are kind of a go between as they are OEM which is fine, and are cheaper at the same time so all are happy.

Other than that, I hope that might get you pointed in the right direction somewhat. As always, should you ever have any more questions on anything, I am always more than happy to try to help wherever I can.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing