Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I'm in love.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2010, 10:15 am
Cool Cruiser

Default I'm in love.

I wish Santa would leave this under my tree! Is the price out of line? Looks to have tons of high end mods

Chrysler : PT Cruiser - eBay (item 270682667639 end time Dec-27-10 13:47:21 PST)

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 22 Dec 2010, 11:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: I'm in love.

Holy cow! That is gorgeous. Personally, my take is about $12.5k for it.

Why the heck did they stick that stupid PT plaque in the middle of the airbag cover? Really that hurts the look of that beautiful faux wood. Also, all that cost for mods, you'd think they would have done leather seats too. And the person taking the photos at the dealership? Stupid! Take a photo showing the tires need air...lol....

Hmmm... looking at it again, maybe $12k max. One set of scratches isn't a "paint over" repair, it's going to take some body filler. Then it is an NA and not a turbo, that's a bummer. It's an automatic too, so we're talking slow cruiser, but still gorgeous. Hard to tell about the panel kit, if they are installed improperly they can become a nightmare. Need to look around the edges over the entire car for gaps. Once you get water behind there, especially in winter, you are asking for trouble. What I can see of them, the tires look good, and that's a good thing as those are expensive tires. Should ask if they have a tire warranty, they are not factory so whomever put them on there, they may have.

Need to ask them also if there is a trunk shelf or trunk cover, and any other items (net, storage box, etc.) that comes with it. Just noticed also no fog lites, that's a bummer. What's the original factory warranty on it?

Not meaning to sound negative, but if you are really interested you need someone like me to pick it apart and let you know what you're getting!

If they are firm on that price, tell them you'd take it if they fix the scratches and give you a trunk shelf!

Last edited by Chromenut; 22 Dec 2010 at 11:54 am.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Exclamation Re: I'm in love.

one thing to REMOVE is those stickon holes on the front fenders that does not look good and just by what they show i dont recall seeing the inside of the back hatch area, i would go $9000.00 or $9500.00
Old 22 Dec 2010, 05:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

It's actually cheaper on the dealers website, 11,999. Yes, those stick on would have to go, I wonder why they put those cheapy looking things on when they obviously spent a ton on the tires and the wood look. I still like it though

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 22 Dec 2010, 06:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The modern taillights IMHO don't go well with the woody theme either.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 04:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm not usually a woody fan but she is a beauty. I agree some retro lights would complete the look

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 23 Dec 2010, 06:36 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Thats the best looking woody I've ever seen.I would keep everything but the stickon holes on the fenders and the taillights.I like the look of those holes when they are on the sides of the hood but they just look wrong there.Looking at the wheels it looks like they have regular valve stems instead of the pressure sensors.Guess that would explain the low pressure warning light.

Last edited by SCBluePT; 23 Dec 2010 at 06:45 pm.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 11:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

the fake port holes were the first thing i noticed that has to go, they do look really dumb on the fenders. but she's beautiful.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 03:56 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: I'm in love.

Hey their Everyone,

Looks like that might well have been one of those full on package jobs from old PT Bob at Cal Cruisers. Definitely his Woody Kit and accessories, and just fits his kind of kits he used to do as a package deal ind of a thing.

It is actually a bit of a sad thing as the overall looks of some of PT Bobs designs weren't all that bad, but a large amount of what he did as far as quality and attention to detail was unfortunately very poor as well as his notoriously poor reputation throughout the PT Community as being a very poor Businessman, not trustworthy at all, and generally should always be avoided at all costs.

As far as the scratches, I bet I could get both out without too much trouble. The Woody Kit might require someone with a bit more body experience to get a good close look and see what everything looks like. If its done wrong, like Chromenut says, it can be a total nightmare to mess with if its done poorly.

As for price, you have got to keep in mind that even though cool, from a Dealerships prospective, any extra add ons are irrelevant and not worth any more on the Vehicle than without anything on it. In most cases any and all work or Aftermarket accessories, custom paint, wheels, body kits, and so on add no real value to the car and hold no value whatsoever. In fact in some cases it can have the opposite effect and actually decrease the vehicles value. Me personally, I would crunch the numbers given Kelley Blue Book numbers, and see where you are at. My guess without looking things up would be that they are likely going to be somewhere in the $1500.00 - $2500.00 range over what they should be asking for this particular ride.

If you were really serious about looking at this one, I might try to look and see if I could maybe get someone around the area like Frank "Sooner Cruiser" to maybe swing by and check it out and see what's what.

That is my 2 cents anyway. Go easy, and let me know if you opt to maybe kick it around a bit farther. You know me, I am always here and more than happy to help anytime.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 25 Dec 2010, 07:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: I'm in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintzgirl View Post
I wish Santa would leave this under my tree! Is the price out of line? Looks to have tons of high end mods

Chrysler : PT Cruiser - eBay (item 270682667639 end time Dec-27-10 13:47:21 PST)
SO! You prefer older men, I see!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!