Advertisements
interior lights wont shut off

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2011, 08:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default interior lights wont shut off

Hi everyone,
I couldnt get my interior lights to shut off this morning. had to drive all the way to work with it on. I checked all of my doors to make sure everything is closed tight so I know thats not the problem. Yesterday, I changed the bulb for my right rear stop light. Does this have anything to do with it? I didnt have this problem yesterday. My battery is probably draining as we speak.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 09:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: interior lights wont shut off

The rear bulb shouldn't have anything to do with the interior lights staying on. You do know if you push IN on the light itself it turns the light ON and will stay on till the light is pushed again to turn them off, right?
Old 02 Jan 2011, 09:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The rear bulb shouldn't have anything to do with the interior lights staying on. You do know if you push IN on the light itself it turns the light ON and will stay on till the light is pushed again to turn them off, right?
Hi Crewzin,
Yes, I'm aware of pushing in the bulb to turn it on and off. Thats definitely not the problem. I walked out to check on my car an hour and a half later and the light was off( I think). I jumped in to turn the car on to make sure the battery still had juice then I shut it off. closed the car door to walk away and the light wouldnt shut off again. I'm going to to have to check on it again later in the day.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 09:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

There is a built-in delay of up to 5 minutes on the interior lights if the hatch or one of the doors is not shut and a 30 second delay after you get out of the car and everything is shut tight. Just to make sure, go around and slam each door shut and make sure the hatch is closed tightly. If yours is a 2001, you also have a plunger type mechanism for the alarm in the engine compartment on the drivers side right up next to the firewall. It operates with the opening and closing of the hood. That could also have something to do with the interior lights.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 02 Jan 2011 at 09:48 am.
Old 04 Jan 2011, 08:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you twist the light arm switch all the way, it'll keep the interior lights on ......I've done it once or twice by accident...
rob302 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Jan 2011, 12:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

on the wife's pt if i don't slam the rear hatch, the lights stay on. then i notice the little hatch light on the gauge cluster (shows up as a trunk lid open). gonna havta try and adjust the hatch in the spring.
Old 09 Jan 2011, 01:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
If you twist the light arm switch all the way, it'll keep the interior lights on ......I've done it once or twice by accident...
You were right QuicksilverDon. Thanks.
Old 26 Jun 2016, 02:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you for asking this question and getting the answer from Quicksilver. My inside lights are finally off.
Old 07 Jun 2017, 12:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Thank you Quicksilver and others!

I just searched online in dispair after one hour of trying to turn the inside lights off...

This suggestion saved my sanity!!!
Old 07 Jun 2017, 07:09 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray2002 View Post
Thank you Quicksilver and others!

I just searched online in dispair after one hour of trying to turn the inside lights off...

This suggestion saved my sanity!!!
Welcome to the forum

Please go to Welcome New PT Cruiser Members - PT Cruiser Forum and create an intro thread