Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
awd caliber to a ptc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2011, 12:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default awd caliber to a ptc

was just wondering if a ptc has ever been made into an awd......thought of taking a wrecked caliber(don't like the looks) and putting the awd sys on my ptc.............then lowering(i know...hard to do with awd maybe) and also put the 6spd getrag..........then getting a serious suspension and steering(hate my ptc steering-No turning radius).........would put a turbo on it and possibly bore and stroke and balance to 3.0L 4 banger (insane I know)...........anything can be done but can anyone point me to anything like this............what a competitor and mean gasoline drinking machine........(get out on the hwy and let rip potato chip).........bring it on subaru sti and mitsubishi lancer...........I did test drive a caliber srt-4 but thought they should have made an awd version..........does mopar ever want to be a real competitor against the japs.........I'm 36 so I am not some little boy dreaming............Brian...........p.s I really want to know more about the awd issue.........the other stuff is more general.......Thanks

Last edited by ptpastor; 03 Jan 2011 at 12:11 pm.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 01:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: awd caliber to a ptc

AWD cars are slow at top end. Too much parasitic lose through four wheels and they are heavy cars. They are not my favorite tuner cars. Still, if you have the money and knowledge then go for it.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 02:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

AWD cars are slow at top end. Too much parasitic lose through four wheels and they are heavy cars. They are not my favorite tuner cars. Still, if you have the money and knowledge then go for it. As for Mopar making a car to compete against Japanese cars they already did. The '03-'05 Neon SRT-4. At the time the fastest sub $20k car in the world. I have no fear with my '05 going up against a Sti or Evo.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 02:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: awd caliber to a ptc

you mean somethig like this

Old 03 Jan 2011, 03:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

OK GUYS that is MY Dream PT
Old 03 Jan 2011, 06:37 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

the monster PT is too funny
Old 03 Jan 2011, 10:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

OKAY MITYQWIK............You got me............COOOOOOOOL!!!!!.........Whats the best limited slip diff then if awd is toooo heavy?.........I have looked @ a phantom lsd and a nippon for my AT...........heres a another ? please focus on this because I want to know without posting another ?..........Can the 6spd Getrag fit in or under the pt????.........And if so what is the best lsd for it?............performance is the only thing that matters to me...........want to blow away Saleen Mustangs and Corvettes someday with my pt........Maybe?
MAYBE?????????????.........Is there a good place to see modified ptc's........Don't send me videos..........I have tryed to download Adobe Flash and my computer won't except it.............tryed about 10x without exaggeration-absolutely true........Thanks, Brian
Old 03 Jan 2011, 11:12 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpastor View Post
OKAY MITYQWIK............You got me............COOOOOOOOL!!!!!.........Whats the best limited slip diff then if awd is toooo heavy?.........I have looked @ a phantom lsd and a nippon for my AT...........heres a another ? please focus on this because I want to know without posting another ?..........Can the 6spd Getrag fit in or under the pt????.........And if so what is the best lsd for it?............performance is the only thing that matters to me...........want to blow away Saleen Mustangs and Corvettes someday with my pt........Maybe?
MAYBE?????????????.........Is there a good place to see modified ptc's........Don't send me videos..........I have tryed to download Adobe Flash and my computer won't except it.............tryed about 10x without exaggeration-absolutely true........Thanks, Brian
i don't know about any of this stuff but welcome to the site. if you already haven't you might want to check with the guys over at ptcrew.com you might be able to get the answers you want over there. i mean you'll get answers here too but they maybe a lil more serious over there. you know what i mean?
Old 04 Jan 2011, 06:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: awd caliber to a ptc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpastor View Post
i had that picture sent to me about 4 yrs ago and have kept it on my computer i have come across a lot of moded out cruisers some very extream,a good place to see some of these are at major pt cruiser shows
Old 05 Jan 2011, 01:27 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mityqwik View Post
i had that picture sent to me about 4 yrs ago and have kept it on my computer i have come across a lot of moded out cruisers some very extream,a good place to see some of these are at major pt cruiser shows
hey dude don't worry about losing this pic, i've seen it on google images when i was looking for PT pix. It's surprising how many pix you find on a google search that are from the ppl on this forum. I wonder if Eve is on there? hmmmmmm