Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
parts site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2011, 08:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up parts site

coluc somebody please list some good sites for parts, that are reasonable in priceing ,i have one site ,that is wildfire are their any others ,if there are could you please post them thanks alot ,man i love this site
Old 13 Jan 2011, 08:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: parts site

r u looking for custom parts to make her look purdy, or replacement parts to make her work good?
Old 13 Jan 2011, 08:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep, your question is very vague. Not even any info about the type and year of PT, we can assume '06 but what else? NA or Turbo? Auto or Manual? If Manual, the Getrag G288 or the shitbox T350?

You know, minor things like that...
Old 13 Jan 2011, 09:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Yep, your question is very vague. Not even any info about the type and year of PT, we can assume '06 but what else? NA or Turbo? Auto or Manual? If Manual, the Getrag G288 or the shitbox T350?

You know, minor things like that...
Chromenut, now you have me concerned. What manual trans. do I have in my 2001 PT Limited? It's a std. 5 speed. I hope it's not a shitbox T350. Thanks, Barrels
Old 13 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I truly don't remember which tranny they put in that. Easy to tell, the shift pattern's are different. G288 reverse is up and to the left, and the T350 reverse is down to the right.

I probably mis-spoke earlier, the T350 is not a dog, it's just not set up to take much power. The clutch on both of these tranny's is the weak point. On the T350, it's set up for 180hp 10%. The G288 is set up for 225hp 15%. But even at that, the G288's factory clutch is easy to slip. I push mine past the limit with a dyno tune down in Florida, when I ran on Palm Beach Intl Raceway, and burned the crap outta my clutch. Too much HP at the crank! However, the G288 is a workhorse of a tranny, it's used in Europe in many other vehicles. The T350 was developed for Chrysler and is pretty much just your average, every day manual tranny.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 11:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TB2265apos

pretty much what chrome nut is saying is that all the gt turbo 5spds are the g288 getrag 5spds, and all the non turbo cars got stuck with the ratty old p.o.s. t350 tranny. so infact you do have the crappy t350 tranny, ive heard of some ppl doing a tranny swap to the g288 getrags before in a non turbo. its just all around better built for performance and the only downfall is really the clutch. the gears are taller and its just more performance oriented.
07' tangerine pearl gt turbo sedan with 5spd... mods: bov, airaid-airbox, turbo-to-airbox-pipe, axle-back-exhaust, custom intercooler, Jet stage 2 chip, short-throw-shifter, lowered, black 16" wheels, blacked out windows, de-badged.... more mods' coming soon.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 06:35 pm
Young Cruiser

For parts to keep it running, my go to site is Rock Auto. They have good prices and they ship quickly. Just my dos centavos.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 06:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

ok so i pulled up a few sites. but obvioulsy you can try autozone, advance auto parts, o'riely, napa, etc. or you could go with my favorite Ebay. or these
Chrysler PT Cruiser Accessories and Parts - AutoTruckToys.com
Chrysler Pt Cruiser Parts @ Car Parts Wholesale
Chrysler PT Cruiser parts and accessories
PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions
PT Goodies ~ PT Cruiser Parts and Accessories by TVA
Chrysler PT Cruiser Accessories & Parts
One of Crewzin's fav's, Chrysler PT Cruiser Parts and Accessories by Race and Street and i think the one to talk to there is Maggie, i could be wrong tho.
you could also try this site JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket
but for any electronics it's best to get them from the dealer, our baby's dont like after market parts.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 09:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: parts site

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkid1983 View Post
ok so i pulled up a few sites. but obvioulsy you can try autozone, advance auto parts, o'riely, napa, etc. or you could go with my favorite Ebay. or these
Chrysler PT Cruiser Accessories and Parts - AutoTruckToys.com
Chrysler Pt Cruiser Parts @ Car Parts Wholesale
Chrysler PT Cruiser parts and accessories
PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions
PT Goodies ~ PT Cruiser Parts and Accessories by TVA
Chrysler PT Cruiser Accessories & Parts
One of Crewzin's fav's, Chrysler PT Cruiser Parts and Accessories by Race and Street and i think the one to talk to there is Maggie, i could be wrong tho.
you could also try this site JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket
but for any electronics it's best to get them from the dealer, our baby's dont like after market parts.
gkid1983 i think you left out WALMART lol
Old 14 Jan 2011, 09:17 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mityqwik View Post
gkid1983 i think you left out WALMART lol
lol, nah ah, that's what the "etc." was for lol