Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what model is my cruiser?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Red face what model is my cruiser?

Hi guys and gals... I bought a 2006 Pt for the Wife. We have had the car now almost five years. Niether of us had any idea ther were so many differant models and such. We just seen this car with pwr everything tint windows big rear spoiler nine point aluminum rims cd player and the personalized display readout... it had 15,000miles on it and so we saved about $5,000 verses gettin a new one... it was about a weak afterword that we realized the rear lift gate shield was gone and front end had a wireing harness that was unpluged for fog lights only there were no fog lights...hmm... We asumed we bought a car witch had some front and rear dammage before... The book in glove box was for only a Pt cruiser. To this day I cant figure if its a touring or clasic.. It has the 2.4 of course non turbo automatic... any help would be grt...
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: what model is my cruiser?

Welcome aboard, but need photos to help...
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

In 2006 there was a limited,touring,base and the Dream Cruiser.The classic was only available in 2010.As stated above we would have to see pictures to determine what you have.Does your car have cruise control and power mirrors?
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Re: what model is my cruiser?

Thanks for helpin.. ok tomarrow ill throw my pic. in. yes it has cruise...tilt...pwr mirror...cig lighter in rear hatch...what throws me is to have all accesories and only have 16in. rims were i could be rong but i think the touring had 17in. that year... o and one opption it doesnt have is sun roof... were the rear shield is supposed to be there wasnt even a shadow of a emblem as if when they replaced the rear gate they failed to put a new sheild on the lower left hand corner... lol i wasnt really expecting help so fast thought i had enough time to edit my profile and put the picture of the car in there... im really loving the ppl. here u guys are very good company...
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

It sounds like you probably have the Touring edition.Someone could have removed the rear emblem without it leaving a trace.Does'nt necessarily mean it has been damaged.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Listen, I have the entire PT chronology posted on my site. It has most of the info to help you identify your type. It has colors for interior and exterior for each model. I haven't yet loaded the basic vs. option packages but it has everything else for EVERY year.

Feel free to grab a copy: Chromenut's PT Chronology

If your browser doesn't open this file, or doesn't try to save it, right-click on my link above, and click "save link as" and save it to your hd.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Also most of the PT's are wired for foglights even if the car didnt come with them.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: what model is my cruiser?

i have a touring 2006 and they came with 15" rims and with cruise,tilt ,tint windows,everything else but fog lights,there is wiring there for that but not connected.if you have 16" rims i am 99% sure you have the one model up
Old 16 Jan 2011, 12:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Re: what model is my cruiser?

sure is nice to hear we may have not bought a wrecked car after all... the car realy has been grt. as far as repairs go. We havent even had to rplace a single belt. Unfortinatly after 140,000miles we had a burnt valve. and thus we needed to no what model we had for the head gasket kit and such... we got by with just engine info however it was after we got the car runnin again that i thought it would be nice to no what model i have...Hate to leave good company... Really must get some sleep i have to replace the crank position sensor in the moring... Good night guys n gals
Old 16 Jan 2011, 12:07 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

the fog light thing is true. i've had the right side plug hanging down since feb of last year and my dad just recently hid it for me. but i have an 07 Touring ed, her name is Eve. So we say hello, greetings from San Antonio, tx.
but mine has power windows, locks, tilt steering, the rpm gage goes up to 6k before red lining, um.....no fog lights, no pwr seats, no pt cruiser emblem on the doors but there is one on the lower right hand corner of the passenger side air bag. um, idk what other differences there are but then again, your 06 could be totally different.
i noticed on one 06 that the reverse lights on the rear bumper were rounded apposed to being like kinda squared off. like this

i hope this helps, but proly not.