Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Window tint pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2011, 11:40 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Window tint pictures

I got my front windows tinted today and a strip across the top of the windshield.I had to go with the legal tint because they are really cracking down on the tint laws around here and I dont want a $460 fine.What you guy's think?

Last edited by SCBluePT; 17 Jan 2011 at 11:42 am.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 11:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Window tint pictures

well i think its cool looking butb then i love timted windows
Old 17 Jan 2011, 11:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I think they look great. I did the same thing just north of the border from you. Stayed just barely legal, and have already had a stop, for something else, and they did the whole hold the book behind the window test. Also the guy that did the tine is such an expert that when I told the cop it was factory, he couldn't tell the difference, couldn't find an edge on it to dispute.

This was taken in really brite sunlight so they look lighter than they really are. I think your's look even darker.

Old 17 Jan 2011, 11:53 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks.I went with some kind of high tech new tint that is supposed to make it look darker even though it's legal.Never heard of it but it looks great.The company that did mine does factory quality work.I have been using them for about 15 years now and never had any problems.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 01:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had my front windows and strip on the windshield done right after I bought it. I enjoy the strip when it is very sunny.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 17 Jan 2011, 01:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Tinting the front windows is on my list of things to do especially now that I have a black PT.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 02:58 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Window tint pictures

Hey their SCBluePT,

Lookin real good! Mine came with the Factory smoked back windows which I then added a layer of Limo Black at 75% which is pretty dark. Then I opted to go kinda illegal as heck and did my front side windows at 35% along with a hand cutting a sun strip arced across my windshield at a radius of 9" which is pretty low though it looks pretty cool..

In Cali anything on the front side windows, and windshield is technically considered illegal unless you have a Doctor's prescription from an Eye Doctor which stated that you have a visual impairment which makes your eyes extra sensitive to light and an exemption from the DMV which must be carried at all times much like a Handicapped Placard. I mostly use my PT for show purposes only, and at least here where I live their are a lot of cars with tint and luckily nobody really pays much attention to it.

Anywayz, I know you all are most likely getting way tired of seeing my old as dirt pic's of my ride and I need to take some new ones for sure when I get my baby back home and eventually all cleaned up, and their is no more rain to mess things up, but here is a pic of my ride so you can kinda sorta see the tint. The front sides look pretty dark against the back, and the back is almost dark enough you can't see in even though you can still see out fine, it helps kinda keep prying eyes from looking in and seeing what I got at least to some degree.

My Tint is getting closer to being due for a make over though and I am strongly thinking about this cool shop they have up here called House of Tints which does some pretty insane custom tint work including flames, tons of different colors, patterns, designs, you name it, they can do it. They can even match up your existing graphics down to the colors and carry them through the glass as well. Here is a Link to their Website with several Pic's of their work.

HOUSE OF TINTS "EVERYDAY TO EXTREME"

Definitely something different. Anyways, like I was saying, lookin way cool for sure! Keep up the great work.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 17 Jan 2011 at 03:05 pm.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 03:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: Window tint pictures

SCBluePT that looks really great , nice upgrade ..mine came from the factory with the darkest they had and legal and had a state trooper pull me over and checked how legal i was,i was way legal,, have not been bothered since
Old 17 Jan 2011, 04:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

I'll get a better picture once the car is back together >.>

35% Front and Limo Rear (On top of stock tint)

Heh Candy is that why I had to sign paperwork saying they are not liable if I get pulled over?
Old 17 Jan 2011, 05:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Looks good! When I had mine done I totally forgot about having a strip put across the front, wish I had done so.

@ Candyman, I'd totally forgotten how low your car was! Speedbumps are not your friend I gather

Karen and Lil' Nilla