Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dome light, locks go on and off on every bump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2011, 10:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dome light, locks go on and off on every bump

It seem that every time I hit a bump, my dome light goes on, the bell dings and the door locks unlock and lock over and over. It seems like a door is opening, but they are all closed tight, including the back hatch. I'm guess it is the sensor that tell when a door has been opened, but I can't find those, or figure out which door is the culprit. Is this adjustment in the door and hatch latches? Do I need to make some kind of adjustment to them, or is this an electrical or computer issue? Anyone know? It's driving me nuts and I avoid driving at night now. 2003 GT Turbo.

Jeff
Old 18 Jan 2011, 11:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dome light, locks go on and off on every bump

Welcome to the Forums.
My guess is that the Remote Keyless Entry Module (RKEM) is getting a short on a bump. I don't see how a door sensor would lock/unlock all the doors - only RKEM and the switch on the door can do that.
The RKEM is above/behind the radio. Check that all connectors are tight, and look for where wires might be rubbing on metal.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Jan 2011, 10:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Dome light, locks go on and off on every bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Welcome to the Forums.
My guess is that the Remote Keyless Entry Module (RKEM) is getting a short on a bump. I don't see how a door sensor would lock/unlock all the doors - only RKEM and the switch on the door can do that.
The RKEM is above/behind the radio. Check that all connectors are tight, and look for where wires might be rubbing on metal.
Awesome. Something to check out. Thank You very much...

Tags
bump, dome light, locks