Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
need to find a good mechanic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2011, 12:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default need to find a good mechanic

Hello everyone! I am new to the state of Colorado and need to find a good pt cruiser mechanic. I have had some work done on my 2004 recently and a couple of mechanics I have taken it to say cruisers are "hard to work on" So I have ended up at the dealership paying the higher prices. I live in Aurora and am looking for someone in the Denver/Aurora area (but would be willing to drive elsewhere) that works on Cruisers that can give me a fair price. Any info would help! Thanks!!
Old 19 Jan 2011, 04:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: need to find a good mechanic

Hey, maybe I can help you find a mechanic but first, I was in Aurora about 12 years ago. Out in the government building with the big white golf balls .....need I say more.

Are there any car clubs or cruises where cars gather on a Friday or Saturday night in your area. I know almost everyone there is into skiing but there's bound to be some Hot Rods in the area. Anyway, try to find them and ask for a recommendation for a trusted mechanic. A lot of them will do their own work but sometimes you gotta depend on a mechanic so they should know somebody. Good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 07:56 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: need to find a good mechanic

Hey their Tiffany1609,

Welcome to the Forum. I absolutely am 100% confident that Crewzin here could for sure help you find a great Mechanic, and you are in very good hands on this one big time.

In addition, I am not sure exactly where this Club is in proximity to you if at all so this one might be a long shot, but their is a pretty good PT Club in Colorado I know of that might also be able to help steer you in the right direction as well. Here is a Link to their Club Website where you might find some more information as well as you never know, you just might get hooked up with them and maybe attend one of their Meet and Greets and maybe have some fun as well. I know they also have a big all PT Show up in somewhere around your area up there as well called Cruise the Rockies that might be a lot of fun as well. Anyway, here is the Link.

PT Cruiser Club of Colorado ~ If You Haven't Cruiserd Colorado, You Haven't Cruised

Ya never know, it might come in useful for something, though I would for sure follow up with whomever Crewzin may be able to refer to you as well as he is a very highly respected and trusted Member of our fair little PT Community here, and is always there to lend a helping hand whenever needed, so like I was saying, you are most definitely in good hands without a doubt.

Anyways, again welcome to the Site, and I hope to maybe see you around the Forum sometime.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 04 Oct 2011, 10:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

I too am looking for a good, reliable, fair, honest PT mechanic. I need one TODAY if possible ..... didn't see any response to the Jan request.
Live in Aurora right now, but anywhere in Denver. Thanks, Smitty2
Old 04 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany1609 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to the state of Colorado and need to find a good pt cruiser mechanic. I have had some work done on my 2004 recently and a couple of mechanics I have taken it to say cruisers are "hard to work on" So I have ended up at the dealership paying the higher prices. I live in Aurora and am looking for someone in the Denver/Aurora area (but would be willing to drive elsewhere) that works on Cruisers that can give me a fair price. Any info would help! Thanks!!
Hey Tiff,

I'm in CO (a little ways from you) but would be happy to see if I can help you out. Drop me a PM.

Cheers!
Old 11 Mar 2012, 03:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Looking for a good mechanic in Florida to replace a turbo on a 2005 Pt Crusier.
We are located in Tavares Fl. in Lake County,nearby cities include Leesburg,Mt.Dora,and Eustis
Old 11 Mar 2012, 03:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry I'm new at this and I replied to this post instead of starting a new post
Old 11 Mar 2012, 05:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelineB View Post
Mechanics, like contractors, have a standing of confusing customer with jargon and double-talk. Even a knowledgeable person might sometimes have problems telling truth from fiction. But a few straightforward inquiries asked up front can go a long way in finding the real deal. Finding a mechanic is as easy as opening the telephone book and flipping through the yellow pages. You will undoubtedly find hundreds of names of mechanics. The trick is, though, finding an honest, skilled mechanic who has the knowledge to correctly repair your vehicle. The mechanic that you choose to work on your vehicle will also need to be reputable and not overcharge you for those repairs. So, now, how do you find such a mechanic? More information here: Questions to keep an honest mechanic honest
The best shop in my area has 0 certified mechanics. Only 2rd & 3rd generation mechanics trained on sight buy the elder mechanics. Pricing is not a matter of hourly rate. It's how much stuff you have to pay to have put on before it's fixed or you run out of money. Ask as many friends and acquaintances as you can, and get actual prices for work they had done. Remember because they think there shop is the best don't always add up. One other thing, If they are good they are busy and may not have time for an internet guide to a good mechanic servery. So make it brief and pertinent to your repairs.