Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Passenger Rear Door Won't Unlock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2011, 07:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Passenger Rear Door Won't Unlock

I've got an 06 and when I lock or unlock the doors using the driver's side switch, the rear passenger door acts odd. It will unlock when an inside passenger exits, but when someone tries to come into the car from that side, it's always locked. I can manually lift the stick and the door opens fine. Every other door acts normally.

I don't have my remote yet, so I'll try that when it's ready. In the meantime, is this a mechanical problem such as a broken latch or perhaps electronic and I can reset the car somehow.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 07:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Passenger Rear Door Won't Unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafishergal View Post
I've got an 06 and when I lock or unlock the doors using the driver's side switch, the rear passenger door acts odd. It will unlock when an inside passenger exits, but when someone tries to come into the car from that side, it's always locked. I can manually lift the stick and the door opens fine. Every other door acts normally.

I don't have my remote yet, so I'll try that when it's ready. In the meantime, is this a mechanical problem such as a broken latch or perhaps electronic and I can reset the car somehow.
Check to see if the child lock in on in that door. Inside on the door face should be a "pin" that can be slid one way or the other.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar