PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How to establish the value of this VERY low mileage Whipple PT Limited?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2011, 08:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default How to establish the value of this VERY low mileage Whipple PT Limited?

My father in law has asked for my assistance in appraising his beloved PT Limited. He bought it new in 2002. With the exception of the Whipple super charger it is completely stock and only has 13,500 miles. It has the red pearl coat, leather/suede interior, 4 wheel disc, auto, 2.4 DOHC.

It rarely leaves the garage other than an occasionally drive it to his vacation home. I don't have any pics but it is flawless in every respect.

Obviously there is no book to help establish the value of the car quite like this. I have watched craigslist and eBay for hoping to find something to compare it to but have had little luck. That is why I am here. To ask the experts. Can anyone provide some feedback?

Thanks!
Brian
Old 23 Jan 2011, 08:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: How to establish the value of this VERY low mileage Whipple PT Limited?

Cant really help you without pictures but here is an auction for a somewhat similar car.You might want to watch and see where it ends to get an idea.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...item35af767f18
Old 23 Jan 2011, 09:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: How to establish the value of this VERY low mileage Whipple PT Limited?

Thanks. I am watching that one to see what happens. I just don't know how I will extrapolate the custom vs stock difference. I live about 100 miles away from the car but will be trying to get some pictures soon. Thanks again for the fast reply.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 09:09 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgbrain View Post
Thanks. I am watching that one to see what happens. I just don't know how I will extrapolate the custom vs stock difference. I live about 100 miles away from the car but will be trying to get some pictures soon. Thanks again for the fast reply.
The custom work that has been done to that car really wont make a lot of difference in price,with the exception of the supercharger.I just suggested watching it because you have the same supercharger and similar mileage.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 09:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That is good to know. I have always tried to get him to go with a retro wheel like the one in the auction but he has never wanted to tinker with it. Other than the Whipple!
Old 23 Jan 2011, 09:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

well Kelly blue book says $4500 but since it has a whipple supercharger in it, i would proly shoot for 5k or 6k. welcome to the site by the way
Old 23 Jan 2011, 09:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

that engine is only a year old. i guess that's why i would go for so much compared to the auction
Old 24 Jan 2011, 10:14 am
Senior Cruiser

The Whipple will worry some people it may actually make it harder to sell, if I was buying it I would worry about getting service on the Whipple. I doubt to many mechanics know that much about them.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 24 Jan 2011, 11:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

all good points the problem is that a
super low millage
great looking PT
with a super charger
is still a 2002 PT

And that is what everyone will tell you

Its like having a Big inground pool in your back yard it may cost $25,000 to install and you may think it is the greatest thing in this world btu to a non swimmer its just something to either maintain or remove

Id say maybe a few thousand over Kelly btu probaly not what you are hoping to get

Good Luck
Old 24 Jan 2011, 12:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I agree totally with cruiserdad.