Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Problems with Tail & Dash lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2011, 11:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Problems with Tail & Dash lights

I have an 04 PT Cruiser Limited Edition 2.4L No turbo. I recently moved from Florida to Colorado and Towed my cruiser using a tow dolly from u-haul. The one you put the front wheels on, not the full trailer. I did not have any problems with towing the car in general, but some issues have cropped up since I got here.

First thing that happened is the battery died, no big deal since it is just a wee bit colder in CO that FL. Got a jump using the jump posts in the engine compartment. Replaced the battery and then discovered another issue. I do not know if it started before of after the battery replacement, but for the sake of being complete, I wanted to note it here.

Anyways, My dash lights are out totally as are my exterior night lights when I turn on the headlights. The brake lights, turn lights and headlights are still working. But no dash illumination as well as the A/C control back-lighting. If I turn the illumination control on the left hand stick all the way to the upper-most position, the interior dome lights will come on. I also notice that the "ding" I used to get when I opened the door and left the headlights on does not work. Don't know if that is related.

I have checked all the fuses in the car, both in the engine compartment and on the drivers side in the car. All are good, I have pulled each one, checked it and reseated it. I have found several others with similar issues on the forum where the Dash and Tail lights are out, but none of them have posted a successful repair of the issue. I would be most grateful for any help, as it gets dark about the time I am leaving work and driving without taillights at night is not a good thing.

Thank you
Old 26 Jan 2011, 12:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Problems with Tail & Dash lights

Mine went out at about 29k miles because of a bad Multi-Function Switch. Was odd, tail lights stopped working, dash lights worked but all the lights around the center console stopped working, headlights worked but driving lights didn't. That darned MFS is a real piece of work...

Tags
dash light, tail lights, warning bells