PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door lock problems

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jun 2013, 06:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Door lock problems

i have no idea what that is. it's something aftermarket that i have never seen on any car. i would have to say it is the cause of your problem. i would take the dash top off and see what it's connected to. there might be a write-up on the procedure somewhere in the tech "how to" part of the forum.
randyincctx likes this.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 04:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info!

The other end of the cable goes into the same connector that connects on to the RKE module. The button itself has a LED on it, and if I remember correctly it used to blink (very low light) when the alarm was on. Also it sometimes blinks when I press the button itself. Could this thing be an extra receiver and of some sort which on a split signal interferes with the original receiver inside the RKE module somehow?

Thanks again, I will seriously get at it on this weekend..
Old 20 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Door lock problems

Considering all the threads I've trolled through recently,this is probably going to be a dumb question;My 2003 PT has power door locks(all switches are there).....So,based on other threads I checked ALL the associated fuses(All OK!)......Today based on one of the threads I removed the dash to check the RKE Module.....But,where the RKE Module is supposed to be there is nothing but a plug with electrical tape over the 'pin holes' on the plug,and 3-4 black screws sticking out in the well for the RKE Module(See Photo)......My dumb question is this: Is this why my power door locks are not working????.......(In reality;The only dumb questionis the one you don't ask.).....Thanks in advance for yall's input.IMAG0257.jpg
Old 20 Jun 2013, 10:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well, they do not work exactly because of the picture you posted.. You need that RKE module for power door locks to work..
Old 21 Jun 2013, 09:24 am
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Door lock problems

Well,then I guess my mystery is solved,THANKS........I'm still curious;Is there any possible reason why it would have been removed,and NOT put back??(I'll entertain speculation,LOL)....It was a PITA to get to IMO.....Also,if I get a RKE Module from a salvage yard does it need to be 'programmed'??....And can I get 'key fobs' that will mate up with it???...........
Old 22 Jun 2013, 11:05 am
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Door lock problems

Well,good news is....I found a used RKE module for $39.99(Part#P046​71879AB),a Key Fob/Remote Transmitter for $14.88(Part#04671641)hope those are all the right part #'s for a 2003 PT Base????......And I think I have found instructions for programming the remote to mate up with the RKE module???How to Program a PT Cruiser Keyless Remote | eHow If this is correct it will save me the $70 my local Chrysler dealer wants for programming!(and it sounds PRETTY simple)........I would appreciate some opinions,Thanks.....Randy

Last edited by randyincctx; 22 Jun 2013 at 02:03 pm.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 02:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: Door lock problems

I am slightly curious.....I know this key/fob says it's for 2006-2008 PT Cruiser,but I was wondering if anyone knows if it would work with a 2003 PT Cruiser with power door lock & RKE module????06 08 Chrysler PT Cruiser Aspen Remote Key OHT692427AA | eBay
Old 24 Jun 2013, 04:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Talking Re: Door lock problems

Holy Pony Express Batman!!!!!........My RKE Module was in my mailbox today!!!!(I can't even send a letter across town that fast!)....I'm gonna go ahead a recommend (just based on fast shipping) D.A.N. Auto Parts in Spokane,Washington.......Module is in great condition,and on the reverse side it says "03 PT CRUISER" in siver paint pen(Ebay listing said: 03 04 05 PT CRUISER NEON BCM DOOR ECU KEYLESS RELAY )....And maybe this evening when the Heat Index gets below 104 I might go put it in!(I'm in no hurry)....Also got my 'remote/key fob';...It does have instructions that contradict what I found on Ehow.com...It says I need to have at least 1 existing remote,but I'll give her a go & let y'all know! ~Addendum~....Online most information states: a dealer DRB scan tool is used to program the key fob remotes (transmitters) to the RKE. You might check a dealer service department as to the cost of such an installation....IDK

Last edited by randyincctx; 24 Jun 2013 at 05:15 pm.
Old 09 Jul 2013, 11:18 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: Door lock problems

Question: If I install the RKE,does it have to be programmed to work just the power door locks?....I know it needs to be programmed to recognize the remotes/fobs for them to work...Unless you have one that already matches the RKE.....But,until I go somewhere(dealer/shop/locksmith)to get that done would installing the RKE cause any problems with starting/driving,or anything else?
Old 09 Nov 2017, 07:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just wondering if the RKE module is the same for all the models of 2001-2005. I have a 2005 convertible, but the RKE from a 2001 sedan doesnt seem to work? Also have access to one from a 2005 sedan, if you think that will work.