Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New pt cruiser owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Feb 2011, 04:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New pt cruiser owner

Hello I just recently purchased a 06 pt cruiser with 58,000 miles first off I'm very happy with it so far and so is my family just had a few questions I've read some really bad reviews and some really good reviews I'm a firm believer in that if you take car of any car it will take care of you my question was has any one had any major problems with there pt's even with regular maintenance I'm talking about the works though some people consider a oil change a full tune up im talking about (air filter oil filter fuel filter thermastat radiator flush transmission filter and flush oil change pcv valve plugs&wires and coil) that's what I call a tune up my question is has any one had problems even with doing a full tune up on a regular basis?
Old 12 Feb 2011, 06:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New pt cruiser owner

Welcome to the Forum. You don't have to worry about the coil. Tranny flush every 30K, filter change 60K. Anything BUT stock plug wires.
What type engine NA or Turbo.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 12 Feb 2011, 06:44 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.As with most other cars on the road,if you take care of your PT it will take care of you.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 06:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Wow. Ran out of breath reading that first post. Guess they left the period (.) and comma (,) buttons off your PC.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Hopefully you had your PT checked out by a mechanic before you bought it and gave it a good test run. You also want to let it sit at idle with the A/C ON for about 20 minutes to make sure all the components related to the cooling system are in working order. A good check of the front suspension parts should have been made also.

Last but certainly not least, The PT is due for a major maintenance at the 100,000 mile mark. The timing belt, water pump, tensioner and drive belts should be changed and it usually runs between $800 and $1200 depending on who you find to do the job.

Good luck with your cruiser.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 08:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you every one for the warm welcome lol I couldn't afford the key board with the periods and commas after I bought the car. Lol jk. Every thing works perfect I left it idling for about 30 with the Ac on and no problems I was just asking because I read some scary posts and reviews after I bought the car thank you to every one for the input oh yeah ands it's a non turbo.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 10:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: New pt cruiser owner

Welcome from OkieLamd!
Don't mind Crewzin. He's just not used to a first poster not complaining about something that needs fixed righ off the bat!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 10:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: New pt cruiser owner

welcome to the forum youll learn a lot here.so stay awhile
Old 14 Feb 2011, 12:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

i just changed my plugs and wires, and found out that i did a half assed oil change, so when i get the chance, i'll do a full oil change. but no probs. Now if you know what your doing then you shouldn't have any probs with changing out that stuff. if you have a mechanic then make sure you can trust him. since you have an NA, we suggest you got with champion double plats gapped at .40. others use NGK's or Autolites. I'm a champion kinda guy. lol i used B&B 8mm srt wires and now my baby's running great. Her name is Eve(07 Touring Ed) by the way, mine is Danny. welcome to the site. if you have any questions please feel free to ask. There's a lot of info on this site. also if you want to hit me up on facebook, my email is gkid1983@yahoo.com
Old 14 Feb 2011, 12:51 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum bro! Enjoy!!!
Old 14 Feb 2011, 12:52 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mityqwik View Post
welcome to the forum youll learn a lot here.so stay awhile
Mity, i'm loving your new catch phrase. lol