Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mats to protect my floor mats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2011, 07:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Mats to protect my floor mats

Does anybody else put mats on top of your floor mats to protect them? I buy cheap mats at Job Lot and put them over my PT mats so they don't get ruined. My wife thinks thats a little much, but the slushy winters here in NE can make a car look pretty bad quickly. My 2006 Floor mats looked perfect after 5 years. I do it in the backseats also. When they get bad,I toss them and buy new cheap ones. I am hoping at least one person does this.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 07:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Mats to protect my floor mats

I don't do it but we don't have that kind of bad weather. If I were you I'd invest on some mats from WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors and More and use them all winter long. Then when yo have a change of season, go back to the regular mats.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 07:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

That's a really good idea, probably safer also. The second mat can often get kinked up by the gas and brake pedal.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 07:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The link I gave you (Weather Tech) has some really good stuff. Fill in the car info and then that gives you a whole page of things they make for your particular car.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 08:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I wish to heck I'd have bought some cheaper ones for daily use. My nice (make that expensive) mats are worn out now. Sigh... so much to do to prep this car for the AutoFair this year....
Old 23 Mar 2011, 08:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroguy View Post
Does anybody else put mats on top of your floor mats to protect them? I buy cheap mats at Job Lot and put them over my PT mats so they don't get ruined. My wife thinks thats a little much, but the slushy winters here in NE can make a car look pretty bad quickly. My 2006 Floor mats looked perfect after 5 years. I do it in the backseats also. When they get bad,I toss them and buy new cheap ones. I am hoping at least one person does this.
Have put mats on top of original floor mats for years and for all vehicles, since there is winter weather here, but they help protect all year too.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 09:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

I put mats on top of the original for all seasons. I am thinking about either the WeatherTech of the CatchAll mats by Nifty. WeatherTech is just too expensive.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 05:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

When we lived in Michigan, I always used a 2nd set over the OEM's. Now that we live in Florida I am still using the same ones. I bought them at Sam's Club about 15 years ago, they are heavy rubber and work well as the ribs are deep to catch moisture, sand and dirt. When we go to shows I just yank them out and there are my OEM's looking good.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 24 Mar 2011, 06:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I use clear heavy plastic mats over the original mats and then pull them out for shows - works great!
Old 24 Mar 2011, 09:14 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Clear mats sound good, so you can still see what's underneath...