Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Touring Turbo Lites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2011, 06:50 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Touring Turbo Lites

I am looking for another Cruiser to replace my Shadow. I can probably get another year out of it and then I'll sell it or yank the engine and save it for another project.

Anyhow I have the GT sticks so I was wondering if anyone has driven both the GT stick and a Turbo Lite auto and what you impressions are. There seems to be a lot more touring Turbos with autos around. THere is one two towns over, Convertible with 45K on it. I havent looked at it but e-mailed the owner. He is original owner and hasnt driven it in the winters. Looks like is has the optional 4 whl discs with traction control and ABS. Looks mint in the pictures. He says he has done all the 30K miantienance and kept up with the oil changes.

Any how there is another GT I want to look at and check out to. I want to look at a few but wonder if I will be happy with the Turbo Lite and auto. I will use the car for my commuting, about 80 miles a day.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 30 Mar 2011, 07:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Touring Turbo Lites

I've driven GT auto and turbo lite - I have Lite, daughter and her husbacnd each have GTs.
A convert weighs more than a sedan, so a Lite for that may seem slow to you.
Lites only came with Auto - and uses regular gas.

I like my Lite - like the three bears, it's "just right" for me. I like the better availability, lower price, and longer life of 16 vs 17" tires, it has enough pep, and regulat gas is nice.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 30 Mar 2011, 10:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I've driven both. Had a turbo-lite as a long term rental in Dallas, then a few years later I bought a GT Vert. Boy what a difference. Me, I'm all for the GT if it's a G288, not the T350.
Old 03 Apr 2011, 11:52 am
Senior Cruiser

Looked at a couple convertibles.

One 05 GT 5spd. Unfortuantley wasted 6 hrs to and from a used car lot. Man they take nice pics and then lie over the phone. Pulled into the lot, see the car looks nice, then notice a piece of the belt shroud hanging under the car as we pull in. Get out and look and the rocker panel on the passager side is all caved in. Now it makes sense. Pulled the car fax and the car had failed a safety inspection, car was traded in and kicked at auction to the used car lot.
I suspect the car was spun out and curbed and frigged the front end up and caved in the rocker. People too stupid to file a claim and get it fixed ,and trade it in. then the used car dealer too stupid to get it fixed.

I didnt even bother waiting for the snake salesman to come out. turned around and drove 3hrs home

This morning went and looked at 06 Base conv. Was someones mothers, had 4300 miles on it. Was showroom condition. Can pick it up for 9500 or so.
Debating on wether I can live with base Conv 2.4 auto. Was marine blue with black top. Only option was alloy wheels. Very nice time piece.

Will look at a couple more and decide.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2