Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
headliner removal instuctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2011, 03:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default headliner removal instuctions.

I've searched the forums, but not finding any info on procedure to remove headliner..... I have a clunking or vibration noise in my headliner and was wondering if anyone has any info on removal to find the issue.? THX in advanced....

IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!
Old 30 Mar 2011, 04:36 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: headliner removal instuctions.

Hey their golf55555,

Remove your visors torx head screws,2 on the visor & 1 Phillips head on the catch. Unscrew the handles in the headliner but not all the way, there are round plastic catches behind liner. Remove all door pillar post A,B, &C posts. Unplug any electrical connections, Overhead console, Illuminated visors. No need to disconnect dome light in middle of headliner because that is wired and plugged in up front in A pillars. Watch how B pillars are removed because you have to replace them,they're tricky because of the seatbelt adjuster and the weatherstripping. The pillar post have 1 or 2 metal tanged inserts that have to be removed from the metal pillar behind pillar post, they can be squeezed together when pulled out.Remove rear seats and tilt passenger seat flat and drivers seat back. Remove plastic cover by speakers and along top of liner in rear. There are 2 plastic buttons that have to be taken out up in th rear ceiling. Get someone to help remove the headliner by tilting to the passenger side and pulling out the back.Might not be a bad idea to wear throw away plastic gloves so you keep the headliner clean.

Hopefully that will help you on it. To re-install just reverse the order and that ought to do it. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find the source of your noise and resolve everything without too much problem. Should you have anymore questions on it, please let me know, and I am always more than happy to try to help out wherever I can anytime.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 30 Mar 2011, 04:40 pm
Banned

Default Re: headliner removal instuctions.

This was discussed thoroughly YESTERDAY. Go to our interior section and look into the forth thread down intitled "Roof Fabric".

Jerry
Old 30 Mar 2011, 04:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: headliner removal instuctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Hey their golf55555,

Remove your visors torx head screws,2 on the visor & 1 Phillips head on the catch. Unscrew the handles in the headliner but not all the way, there are round plastic catches behind liner. Remove all door pillar post A,B, &C posts. Unplug any electrical connections, Overhead console, Illuminated visors. No need to disconnect dome light in middle of headliner because that is wired and plugged in up front in A pillars. Watch how B pillars are removed because you have to replace them,they're tricky because of the seatbelt adjuster and the weatherstripping. The pillar post have 1 or 2 metal tanged inserts that have to be removed from the metal pillar behind pillar post, they can be squeezed together when pulled out.Remove rear seats and tilt passenger seat flat and drivers seat back. Remove plastic cover by speakers and along top of liner in rear. There are 2 plastic buttons that have to be taken out up in th rear ceiling. Get someone to help remove the headliner by tilting to the passenger side and pulling out the back.Might not be a bad idea to wear throw away plastic gloves so you keep the headliner clean.

Hopefully that will help you on it. To re-install just reverse the order and that ought to do it. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find the source of your noise and resolve everything without too much problem. Should you have anymore questions on it, please let me know, and I am always more than happy to try to help out wherever I can anytime.

Candyman.... You are the BOMB! Thanks for the detailed instructions, I will dig in tomorrow evening. BTW... Did you get my DC2 on your list? I posted it on your site....

Later bro!!!!

TJB Indiana!
Old 30 Mar 2011, 05:09 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: headliner removal instuctions.

Hey their golf55555,

Never a problem, and yep, I just updated the List and you are now on there. I thank you much for the Info.

Like I say, if you have any trouble or anything... its a pretty easy task though so you should be good to go, but just in case, I am always around and check in several times a day.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing