Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fuel Gage And Sending Unit Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Apr 2011, 09:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Fuel Gage And Sending Unit Problems

Hoping for some direction on the my fuel gage problems - Gage has been "stuck" at low fuel reading with the low fuel light on, even with a full tank of gas. looked in forums and it appears to lead to a fuel sending unit problem - I did the self-check on the instrument panel and all gages worked fine. I took to Chrysler dealer and discussed with service advisor - indicated that fuel sender most likely faulty and needed replacing - One ordered and replaced in the tank at $120 and 2 hr labour = $300.00. This did not fix the fuel gage reading - it did briefly get to 1/4 tank reading at a full tank, but is back to original problem sitting at low fuel reading - The dealer is going to look at problem again - I am concerned that they will be looking to replace the gage cluster?? Is there any suggestions and idea on what to look at: ie loose ground wires, etc that I could do first

Thanks and appreciate everyone's insight

2005 PT Conv Inferno Red - turbo lite- 30000 KM

UPDATE: Went back to dealer - indicates that the gage cluster is OK - now suspects that there is a wiring problem from sending unit but will need to remove tank again to investigate - would have thought that they would check out wiring etc prior to replacing sending unit?? Need to run out tank of gas first and I will report back ------ any ideas??

Last edited by 05RAGTOP; 19 Apr 2011 at 02:41 pm. Reason: update on issue