PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Autostick Technique?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2011, 03:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel
Exclamation Autostick Technique?

OK guys... hellos to all of you... So I was driving today my PT Autostick and was trying to do the "never ever boost in 4th" so I was driving with my brother and I was doing 65mph and told him what he needed to do when he needed to drive my car in the future, so I was going to put my foot to the floor, I was in 4th gear, put it to 3rd and hit the gas.. I hear the spooling so fast then when I was like 6k rpm I put it in 4th then D... then he ask me why you don't take of your foot from the gas and then change to 3rd and the hit it? just take a little your foot from the gas... so I did, and noticed that the car responded better that way... he always drove manual transmission a VW Bug to be more exact... and then was his time to drive the PT, he used the autostick like he was driving a manual he let the foot from the gas just a little and then he change gears very nice, and he even did like power shifting, he use to drag a mustang in the past, so he put the pedal to the floor then between every gear change he let out the pedal for a fraction and change gears... this thing was flying like hell, then was my turn to try it that way, and noticed a lot more power this way... he told me that he noticed that the gear changing in my pt has like a "lag" and this way we don't feel a lag anymore, then he told me, that in "D" mode I try to do the same by hearing the rpm and knowing when the changes were gonna enter so I try it... from total stop I put my pedal to the floor, then when I feel like it was gonna change to 2nd gear I let the pedal a little then floor it again and it was smoking tires in every change, he told me that he won a lot of races that way back in the day with a montecarlo, but then again he told me just you need to know if your tranny can handle this kind of driving... we now know that 4rth its a weak link, but you can have a lot of power this way.... he drove it again in the straight road today when we left work... and without autostick and making changes this way he made 0 to 60mph in 7.2 seconds and in "D" mode ok? and with out letting the pedal from the floor in "D" he made 8.3 seconds so I was amazed since Its supposed to lose boost if you left the pedal, but somehow he did less time driving that way ( letting the gas for a bit)... Does any body ever tried to do this? and does anybody knows if its bad for the transmission? because that way the gears feel like kicking hard, but in my particular experience its faster than driving just to the floor.

So I let this tread to hear another experiences... I don't know If there is a PT N/A with Autostick... if so...the same question its apply, On turbos Its supposed to lose boost this way, and in automatics what about the time? 0-60? does anybody tried?

Thanks
Daniel