PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Potential English owner....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2011, 02:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Potential English owner....

Hello Gentlemen

Firstly let me congratulate you chaps on having the good taste to be owners of a properly interesting motor vehicle.
Secondly let me briefly introduce my situation, I'm over in the "old country" thinking of buying a PTCruiser as a second car for the wife mainly to use during the winter months (she has a little MG, but I fear she's getting to old to struggle through many more winters (thats the MG not the wife !!! ), and also something interesting for me to use at weekends mainly to be able to transport my road bikes (bicycles) in !

... now there are a number, but not 1000's of Crusiers in the UK, so to save me a long waisted journey I wonder if someone could give me a little advice on whether a cycle will fit inside a PT ? (my best bike is rather expensive carbon race bike, and I prefer not to carry it on a roof rack)

... the basic measurement of the bike (front wheel removed) is 52" long and 27" high (seat stem removed) or 42" high if using a bike bag.
Thats my min requirement for my best race bike, will it fit in the back of PT (even if I need to remove the rear seats) ?

Thanks in adavance and best Regards ~ MG Cycle Chap
Old 29 Apr 2011, 02:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Potential English owner....

Welcome to the forums from Manitoba, Canada. There's lots of good info here and I'm sure someone will chime in soon and let you know if your bike will fit.

I also have an MG, a 69 B......chrome bumpers, wire wheels. Just rebuilt the engine a year ago and it runs like a top now. Should have done it years ago. It's a great little car
Old 29 Apr 2011, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. I did the measuring for another chap awhile back but I don't have the numbers with me. I'm far from home in my wife's car visiting my Grandkids. I used to, however, put my 10 speed English Racer in the back of my PT (before I started modding it) and had no trouble fitting it inside with just the front wheel off and only folding the rear seats flat. Taking the rear seats out all together would give you plenty of room to spare.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you guys.... I'll do a quick forum search on your name Crewzin, see if your old measurements turn up, but thank you, worth going off to find a car to view I think...

... a 1969 MGB ... fantastic car, We have a little MGTF 1993 vintage, and unfortunatly since the idiots sold MG to the chinnese it will be the last proper British MG ... so I want to keep it garaged in the winter at least. Damn shame I always thought that they never sold the MGTF in North America (google for the pics) I think it would have been well recieved.

...thanks again guys
Old 29 Apr 2011, 03:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

the cool part about where you are is you have the option of the desiel with the 6 spd gear box should be a awesome car good luck
Old 29 Apr 2011, 04:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

... well i just noticed a 2008 model 2.2 CRD Limited just appeared online at my local Chrysler dealer... its only done 18,000 miles... its a manual (which I prefer being British ! ), it seems pretty loaded spec, leather, 17" alloys, electronic vehicle information centre (whatever that is, but it sounds impressive !), and its Pearl Inferno Red....

... seems a bizare chance of fate it should have just appeared on their site after I've just joined you guys, maybe somebody is telling me something !!!

MGcC
Old 29 Apr 2011, 05:16 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I used to fit three mountain bikes on my PT with the seats out, only had take the front wheels out .
By the way: welcome from New York....
Old 29 Apr 2011, 05:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGCycleChap View Post
... well i just noticed a 2008 model 2.2 CRD Limited just appeared online at my local Chrysler dealer... its only done 18,000 miles... its a manual (which I prefer being British ! ), it seems pretty loaded spec, leather, 17" alloys, electronic vehicle information centre (whatever that is, but it sounds impressive !), and its Pearl Inferno Red....

... seems a bizare chance of fate it should have just appeared on their site after I've just joined you guys, maybe somebody is telling me something !!!

MGcC
The PT Gods are pleased with you!!!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 06:07 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

welcome to the site, i'm Danny and my PT is Eve and we say hello from San Antonio, tx.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

my big honkin mountain bike fits in my pt just perfectly, wheels and all! Course, I have the top down when transporting it....lol....