Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
how to cipher gas???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2011, 09:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default how to cipher gas???

i am getting rid of my 2003 pt crusier and just put $30 gas in!! how can i put into another vechicle before i get rid of????
Old 30 Apr 2011, 09:17 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: how to cipher gas???

You can always drill a hole in the tank
Old 30 Apr 2011, 09:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I get called to about 3 gas thefts a week so I know there's a few different ways to siphon gas. The most dangerous is to stick a tube down the filler tube and suck on the end to create a vacuum so the gas comes up the tube. Dangerous because abut 50% of the time the gas comes up the tube so fast the thief gets a mouthful of gasoline before he knows what's happening. Safest is to buy a $5 siphon kit that has a plastic bulb on one end to create that vacuum so the gas comes up and out without anything touching it.

Messiest way is the way just posted. Make a hole in the tank but since you must drive it to get rid of it, that's not the way to go.

Not sure of the PT but most new cars have something built into the gas fill tube to stop the siphoning of gas.

Either use the siphon kit (if the PT tube lets you get down to the tank) or forget about the $30 and let it go with the car.

Question: if you do siphon it, do you have enough containers to hold all the gas, but after saying that, at today's prices, it's only about 5 gallons of gas. Best to just leave it in there.

I'd say welcome to the forum, but since you getting rid of the PT and you've never been here since you've owned the car, guess we won't be seeing much of you.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 30 Apr 2011 at 09:35 am.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 11:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomi111 View Post
i am getting rid of my 2003 pt crusier and just put $30 gas in!! how can i put into another vechicle before i get rid of????
if you have a fuel pressure tester , there is a line to bleed gas off of the unit. The fuel pump does all the work. "You" just have to know how to turn the pump on with out the motor running. It does not take very long if "You" know what you are doing.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 01:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Must be hard up for gas money. You don't cipher gas. You siphon it. $30 of gas isn't that much to hassle about.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 03:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

If I sell a car, the gas goes with it. It's a matter of saying "thank you" for buying my car. Although, four or five gallons of gas is not much of a thank you, come to think of it. But it's the thought that counts ....

Tim
Old 30 Apr 2011, 07:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Take a last ride it won't take long to run out 5 gallons

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson