Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just wanted to say thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 May 2011, 04:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Just wanted to say thanks

I received this in a PM. Thought I'd pass it on.

Last week I spent hours on the internet trying to find help for my 2004 Ltd Edition Pt. I bought a chrome finish instrument panel bezel and wanted to install it myself. I found this site and after a lengthy search found the information I needed. I cannot remember the poster but I do remember that originally the information was posted in 2008. Here I am 3 years later and the information was 'right on', the nice man had even pics of his Pt during the tear down. I was able to remove the centre consol, the dash, the cowl around the steering wheel, the lower side panel by the driver's door and replace the bezel with very little effort. I had been told horror stories from my club members and even though I bought the expensive bezel from raceandstreet in September of last year I had not installed it. Now it's on and it's wonderful. So wonderful I bought a second bezel on ebay and installed it in my friend's 2005 this afternoon. 1 hour of labour and I was done. I so want to thank the wonderful person that made this all possible and that person was on this forum. I will thank you all instead and I wish you all the best. Pt's may have been made obsolete but the wonderful people here who still persevere and help any way they can make for a wonderful world. Thank you all, SylvieP from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 May 2011, 09:27 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Just wanted to say thanks

That was nice. I feel the same way about this forum, what a wealth of knowledge and helpful people.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 02 May 2011, 09:57 am
Regular Cruiser

thanks for passing along the info Crewzin... hopefully the "helpful gentleman" will step up and identify themselves

Exco

Bill
Old 02 May 2011, 11:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I received this in a PM. Thought I'd pass it on.

Last week I spent hours on the internet trying to find help for my 2004 Ltd Edition Pt. I bought a chrome finish instrument panel bezel and wanted to install it myself. I found this site and after a lengthy search found the information I needed. I cannot remember the poster but I do remember that originally the information was posted in 2008. Here I am 3 years later and the information was 'right on', the nice man had even pics of his Pt during the tear down. I was able to remove the centre consol, the dash, the cowl around the steering wheel, the lower side panel by the driver's door and replace the bezel with very little effort. I had been told horror stories from my club members and even though I bought the expensive bezel from raceandstreet in September of last year I had not installed it. Now it's on and it's wonderful. So wonderful I bought a second bezel on ebay and installed it in my friend's 2005 this afternoon. 1 hour of labour and I was done. I so want to thank the wonderful person that made this all possible and that person was on this forum. I will thank you all instead and I wish you all the best. Pt's may have been made obsolete but the wonderful people here who still persevere and help any way they can make for a wonderful world. Thank you all, SylvieP from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Congratulations, SilvieP!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 May 2011, 11:24 am
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Just wanted to say thanks

this is a great site. with a very good moderator that keeps the bad stuff from happening here thanks crewzin.
Old 02 May 2011, 05:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

i wounder what thread that was she was talking about. Either way i'm glad this site helped another PT'er.
Old 02 May 2011, 07:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

And I always thought that posting nude was what made this place so great!!!!!
Old 03 May 2011, 07:00 pm
Young Cruiser

I just wanted to add my .02 in here. I am still new here, doing way more reading than posting, and still learning about my PT.

I can honestly say that my PT is quickly becoming one of my favorite cars, and even though she is bone stock ( OK, I did add booger bushings but that's it so far) I am planning on making this "My" PT in the near future

Everyone here has been very helpful and the knowledge base is awesome. I can only hope to give back as much as I have taken from here.

Thanks again this newbie