Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Motor mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2011, 11:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Motor mounts

Does anyone know where I can buy hard motor mounts for my 03 PT Crusier? Also please tell me if it is possible for not putting your parking brake on when you park on level ground to cause your mount to break? I know this sounds dumb but it is to settle an arguement.( LOL)
Old 13 May 2011, 12:32 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Motor mounts

SD, if you Google PT Cruiser Motor Mount Repair, you'll come to a great many posts that were put on this forum, concerning all you can imagine about PT Motor Mounts--including which mounts to buy, which are best to put in, and ways to modify the mounts with urethane, etc. Also, you'll find advertisements on the first through fifth (or so) Google pages on the subject. These ads show a great many mounts (struts) that you can purchase--OEM and stiffer models, etc.

I'm going to put in Neon SRT4 struts, since I've heard that these are made to last longer. I will also fill in the rubber recesses with urethane.

As far as the parking brake goes, I always engage my parking brake, regardless of the terrain. It cost me nothing and is a backup safety device that gives me piece of mind. I can't imagine how not engaging the brake would affect the motor mounts, though.

Tim
Old 13 May 2011, 12:49 am
Senior Cruiser

Kragen (O'Reily) normally has them cheaper than anywhere else IE Autozone, etc.

They're about 30 bucks each for the upper and lower mounts.

Just installed Modern Performance motor mount inserts, and even though I've got a bit more vibration@idle my wheel hop is just about non-existent.

I was able to spin tires and leave a nasty trail of smoke through the first 3 gears (I've got an Autostick) but now I get a 'chirp' at most and the car rockets quickly.

Here's a pic of the lower.

Old 13 May 2011, 10:13 am
Cool Cruiser

I have a MM question for some that may know. Of course I would like to put the SRT4 MM's in my 06 Base, but Rock Does not have them, or at least the ones for the 05 SRT4 are the same Anchor Part # as the ones for any of the non turbo PT's, so I guess they are not the harder rubber of the SRT mounts.

I visited the Anchor site. Rock and Anchor only list the smaller dogbone for the 06 Base PT, the longer lower one is listed for the non Base models, but not the base. I think I saw it under there the last time I looked under my car .... but the further question would be .... why would chrysler not use the same mounting design on a Base as on a Touring or Limited Edition if they build them with the same body, engine, transmissions, wiring harnesses ... etc??? Is it possible that the engine is not mounted the same?

12 Regal Turbo
06 PT - Base with BLING! TRADED 5/27/13
01 PT LE - Kid's Car - TRADED 01/13
01 Beetle Sport - SilverSport - 150+ MPH
93 Del Sol - 32+ MPG
90 F150
73 Mach1
Old 13 May 2011, 10:15 am
Cool Cruiser

I can vouch for the quality of Modern Performance products. Back when I had my Cobalt a number of car club friends used Modern Performance equipment, it always performed well and never gave any problems.