PT Cruiser Forum

PT Cruiser Forum (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/)
-   General PT Cruiser Discussions (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/general-pt-cruiser-discussions/)
-   -   PT Cruiser vs Stump (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/general-pt-cruiser-discussions/35970-pt-cruiser-vs-stump.html)

jwlast 15 May 2011 11:46 am

PT Cruiser vs Stump

3 Attachment(s)
So I'm doing some gardening, ripping old freeze destroyed bushes out, putting new bushes in. Everything was going great until we got to the rose bush from he**. Despite our best efforts, it was too deeply rooted for mere mortals to dislodge. Two broken shovels and several shots of Jack Daniels later and after much wailing and nashing of teeth, wala, an idea! Let's use the PT Cruiser to pull the stump. :eek:

A quick review of the owners manual revealed nothing on stump pulling procedures. If a Silverado 4x4 can do it, so can we we figured (that was probably the Jack Daniels talking I think). Ok, hook up the tie downs, put the wife at the wheel and let her rip (the Cruiser that is). After two unsuccessful pulls done in Drive, the third low grear pull did the job.

Ok, granted it was a very small stump, but got to wonder how many other PT Cruisers can claim to be "stump pullers" which BTW is her new nickname.:1st:

MGCycleChap 15 May 2011 02:19 pm

Re: PT Cruiser vs Stump

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwlast (Post 361119)
... claim to be "stump pullers" which BTW is her new nickname.:1st:

... you're calling your wife "stump puller" !!! you're a braver man than me sir ! ;)

CREWZIN 15 May 2011 02:31 pm

Glad you got it out but I sure thought this story was gonna end differently with pictures of the PT's bumper laying on the ground tied to the stump which was still planted in the ground. :D

Chromenut 15 May 2011 03:21 pm

Wow, I'm totally stumped over this one. I would never have thought use my PT like that. Guess if I got in a log jam, I'd consider stumping around in my PT... consider, but not likely to take action....lmao....

jwlast 15 May 2011 03:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREWZIN (Post 361138)
Glad you got it out but I sure thought this story was gonna end differently with pictures of the PT's bumper laying on the ground tied to the stump which was still planted in the ground. :D

Tied the tiedowns around the rear axle, elected not to film it in case the insurance company wanted to know how it the rear axle departed the car..................:o

WolfmanG 15 May 2011 05:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREWZIN (Post 361138)

i thought the same thing. i was wincing when i saw the pix, i thought i was gonna see the bumper on the ground too. lol:D

UptownSport 15 May 2011 06:18 pm

wouldn't ue the axle next time, the 'frame' has built in areas for tie downs,
might be reinforced.

We'd use our old van as a skidder, it worked very well.

Not to say anythings deficient w/ the PT, but it's not a truck, just as much
as the van wasn't a skidder

mdfrodolives 15 May 2011 07:57 pm

I would have just covered the "stump" with one of those hollow plastic look-like boulders ....

Tim

WolfmanG 15 May 2011 08:04 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfrodolives (Post 361192)
I would have just covered the "stump" with one of those hollow plastic look-like boulders ....

Tim

lol that's too funny. i proly would've chopped the hell out of it. and took it out in pieces.

Chromenut 15 May 2011 09:34 pm

I would say what I normally cover my stump with, but I am absolutely positive I will get reprimanded for posting that here..... snicker.....