PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 Pt Cruiser Shifter Cable

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2011, 12:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 Pt Cruiser Shifter Cable

Hello Folks,

Just dropped my little camper off and had to head back to work for a few hours...was headin to the site and my shifter cable snapped. Naturally its a holiday weekend and cant get the parts till tuesday or so. The owner of the shop is a good buddy with my neighbor/boss so they checked it for me today and the cable snapped, they say its not the bushings. Whats a Chrysler set of cables run? They said labor is about an hour and will cut me a break as much as they can. My camper is enjoyin bein in the woods with my friends while Im an hour away stuck at home...sigh lol. (BTW im in a gully, she doesnt really look that bad while towing)

thanks

deryk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg at quest.jpg (63.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 28 May 2011, 01:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Pt Cruiser Shifter Cable

I can't help you with the cost question, I'm sure someone here will be able to. That being said, the camper setup...............Sweeeet! Did you build it? Sorry to hear your not enjoying it at the moment.

It's the wife's PT......but I get to drive it on occasion

2003 Inferno Red GT.........no mods.....stock.
Old 28 May 2011, 01:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Pt Cruiser Shifter Cable

Thanks! Yeah I built it out of cedar, weighs in around 750lbs, so its within tow limits. Towes pretty nicelly to I have to say. I originally wanted to build a teardrop trailer and saw someone elses gypsy caravan so I went that route. its 5'x9' by 54" tall inside. Big enough for a full sized futon and a stool to sit on...the futon folds to a couch... I get lots of ppl comin to look at it.