Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Can you Get a Chrysler Warranty on an 07

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2011, 12:48 am
Banned

Exclamation Can you Get a Chrysler Warranty on an 07

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 03 Jul 2012 at 12:06 am.
Old 30 May 2011, 01:13 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: Can you Get a Chrysler Warranty on an 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
PT Limited with 37k?

I know there are shady warranty companies out there, trying to avoid those.

The best would be a 100k bumper to bumper, not sure If I could get it or not.

Thanks
Have you tried talking to your local stealership? if they don't then there's a lot of companies out there that would love to have your business. I got Eve as a repo through my credit union and bought an extra warranty with it. haven't had to use the warranty but that's a good thing.
Old 30 May 2011, 01:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
Have you tried talking to your local stealership? if they don't then there's a lot of companies out there that would love to have your business. I got Eve as a repo through my credit union and bought an extra warranty with it. haven't had to use the warranty but that's a good thing.
Yep. I think it'd just take some searching online and asking around the work place/family/friends and find out if anyone has any personal-experience with third-party warranty dealers.

Btw, wouldn't it be great to have seen Eve be the very car being repoed on those repo-shows they play now? Seen some crazy stuff!
Old 30 May 2011, 01:52 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Yep. I think it'd just take some searching online and asking around the work place/family/friends and find out if anyone has any personal-experience with third-party warranty dealers.

Btw, wouldn't it be great to have seen Eve be the very car being repoed on those repo-shows they play now? Seen some crazy stuff!
that would've been the sh*t. then i could say that i'm driving around in a tv star. lol

Last edited by WolfmanG; 30 May 2011 at 06:20 pm.
Old 30 May 2011, 02:05 am
Cool Cruiser

The dealership you are purchasing the car from will for sure offer you an extended warranty once you go through their finance Dept. They should offer you several different options with varying levels of coverage. Length and mileage.
Old 30 May 2011, 03:59 am
Cool Cruiser

I have experience with third-party warranty dealers and they suck.
They seem to not want to pay for crap.
I would take the money it would cost to get one and put it in an account and save it until or if your car needs it.
That way you cant be denied for anything.
I once had a grand caravan that needed a seal in its transmission. Nothing really expensive. There was a technical service out on how to change the seal so they rejected their coverage on it. ???? WTF. Thats exactly what they said!
I had to pay $250 out of my pocket because my $2000 warranty that was supposed to cover it would not.

Take my warning!!

But... I did not buy the car from a dealer either. The dealer may have better relations with their third-party warranty.
Eibach Pro Springs, Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master Kit bushings, 17" RTX Euro wheels, K&N drop in air filter, MotoMaster flat plate AGM battery, KYB GR2 shocks and struts, Booger standard shifter bushings, Ooogah horn.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:05 am
Banned

Likely making a purchase tomorrow, at a used car honda lot.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Try online to get prices on a Genuine Chrysler Warranty. Aftermarket programs are not any better than the paper they are written on. I worked at a dealer and when a customer said "I have a warranty", unless it was genuine, they were upset when they had to pay everything and deductible and try to collect from the company.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 30 May 2011, 09:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

I've heard from several people that the Carmax warranty is pretty good. That's what we are doing... getting our Cruiser this afternoon from Carmax.

Edit: I sound like a pitch man lol, but I've really been impressed with them, their sales staff/service, and their business as a whole.

Last edited by echo4papa; 30 May 2011 at 09:39 am.