PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What might this damaged 2001 Limited be worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2011, 03:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What might this damaged 2001 Limited be worth?

It has front end damage and the repair estimate is around $1500. It only has 78,000 miles, but the frame has been bent and even if fixed a Carfax check will indicate it has been in an accident.

The tires and battery were new in January. It is the Limited Edition, green, with moonroof and the leather seats, automatic. I was hoping to get $1000 for how it sits, but is that realistic?

I had thought about getting it fixed and then selling it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get too much more than $1000 over the expenses and wouldn't be worth the hassle. Besides, it is need of a steering pump and some front brake work.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Old 31 May 2011, 04:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What might this damaged 2001 Limited be worth?

Welcome, you might be further ahead parting it out. Many members are looking for parts.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 31 May 2011, 04:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Welcome, you might be further ahead parting it out. Many members are looking for parts.
Not only is parting it out beyond my ability, it would not be possible where I live where a car that's even only 30% totaled would not be allowed for long. Sure wish I could though, but I do have a need to be rid of it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion.
Old 31 May 2011, 06:24 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You got any pictures?That might help us give you an idea of the value.
Old 31 May 2011, 07:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Here is a picture. The damage is to the driver's side front and the frame is bent. The estimate was under $1500, down from $2600 when they found it was not insured. It is a Limited Edition, shale green.

https://picasaweb.google.com/elocs1/...36496763848274

Also, here is a site where I found salvage/damaged P.T. Cruisers: Chrysler PT Cruiser Salvage | Buy Damaged, Wrecked, Repairable, Insurance & Auction Chrysler PT Cruiser Cars/Trucks
Old 31 May 2011, 07:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

Doesnt look too bad. Prob too much to get it straightened out. You could get a decent trade on it. Heck I wish I could find somene locally selling a pt for a grand. Id love to have a parts car but u could get plenty by parting it out maybe more than a grand... But for selling it as a who,e a grand is a good price cause whoever gets it will either repair it enough and come out okay money wise, or will have to flip it and make a quick buck. Wat state are u in?

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 31 May 2011, 09:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
Doesnt look too bad. Prob too much to get it straightened out. You could get a decent trade on it. Heck I wish I could find somene locally selling a pt for a grand. Id love to have a parts car but u could get plenty by parting it out maybe more than a grand... But for selling it as a who,e a grand is a good price cause whoever gets it will either repair it enough and come out okay money wise, or will have to flip it and make a quick buck. Wat state are u in?
I'm in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Old 31 May 2011, 09:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

Aww. Too bad ur not near pa or id drive out there tonite and buy ur rims and seats off of ya lol

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 01 Jun 2011, 08:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

I just took $1000 offer for the car. Maybe I could have got a few hundred more by putting it on Craigslist, but I don't consider it to be worth the hassle for that amount.

Ironically, had it been repaired at the auto body shop where it has been for nearly 3 weeks this would not have happened. I called them on Friday, 20 may and they said they were just pulling the car into the shop and would work on it that day and the next week (which would have been last week). I drove by on Memorial Day and saw that the car was still sitting where it had been towed and nothing done.

I have been out of work for 7 months and I would have had to put the repair on a credit card and then go through the effort of trying to sell it. Maybe I could have got $1500-2000 over the cost of the repairs, maybe not. This way I'll take the $1000 in the hand without incurring any other debt or having to tow the car somewhere else to get it sold, not to mention the who knows how many more weeks that would take.

I have no doubt that the guy who is buying it will make money from it and flip it. He had some stock cars on display at the body shop so I'm sure he will be doing much of the work himself. He offered me $800, but I said $1000 and he said OK. Maybe I could have got more, but the $800-1000 range is what was on the table in the weeks it sat there although I didn't know that anyone was seriously interested in buying the car.

Thanks for the help though.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 10:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

no matter what you got some cash and the car is going to get fixed or something good luck finding a job and a new car