Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Air Filter intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jun 2011, 02:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Air Filter intake

I was reading some posts on Air Filter intake. I'm not sure what is good midle of the road brand. Looking to replace the one I have and it is the standard box air filter. To treat it to a cone type air filter. I do understand that is better. I may get better mpg. RIGHT! I have a 2005 pt convertible turbo. that was built 6/04. Thanks for any info you send my way xtreme cindy05 pt.jpg

Last edited by xtreme; 13 Jun 2011 at 02:35 pm.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 03:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Air Filter intake

Don't waist your time and money on any aftermarket intake because you'll be doing the opposite: sucking hot air from the engine instead of cold from oustside. Just buy a K&N drop in filter and you'll be OK.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 03:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Don't waist your time and money on any aftermarket intake because you'll be doing the opposite: sucking hot air from the engine instead of cold from oustside. Just buy a K&N drop in filter and you'll be OK.
I agree.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 06:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Do the airbox mod also when you do the K&N filter. I also agree, I actually got worse mileage when I installed the Hot Air Intake (lol).

Cindy, that car is just friggin gorgeous. That's the color combo I wanted and searched the entire country for, over a three month period, and gave up finally to get a silver one. That is just beautiful, and love your new wheels! You're really making that car a beauty!!! I'm stealing a copy of your photo above, gonna do some artwork with it, will post back here when I'm done.

I'm just drooling over that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

创创创创创创创创创创创抖抖抖抖秴..
创创创创创创创创创创抖创创创创创抖厖
创创创抖抖洞创创创抖创创创创创创创抖厖.
创创炊创创炊创创抖创创炊洞创炊洞创创抖厖厖..
创创炊创创炊创炊洞创创炊洞创炊洞创创创抖..
创创炊创创洞炊洞创创创炊洞创炊洞创创创炊秴..
创创创洞创洞创洞创创创创创创创创创创创创抖.
创创抖抖抖抖抖抖创创创创创创创创创创创创抖.
创炊创创创创创创洞抖创创创创创创炊洞创创抖.
创抖创创创创创创洞炊洞创创创创创炊洞创创抖.
炊洞创抖抖抖抖抖洞创炊洞创创创炊洞创创创抖
炊创创创创创创创炊创创炊抖抖抖创创创创炊秴.
炊洞创创创创创创炊创创创创创创创创创创抖..
创洞创抖抖抖抖抖抖创创创创创创创创创炊秴.
创抖创创创创创炊创抖创创创创创创创创抖.
创炊抖抖抖抖抖洞创创抖创创创创创创抖..
创创创创创创创创创创创炊抖抖抖抖抖厖.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 06:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
i wouldn't necessarily say don't waste your money. if you get an airaid or k&n that come's with a heat shield box like this one

or you could do the air box mod and put in a drop in filter, here's the mod thread How to: Air filter box modification
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:28 pm
Young Cruiser

THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE. My oldest is comeing around and he was the worst he didn't talk to me for 2 weeks, but he said after the wheels was on I should do a strobe stripe like that is on a cuda or chalanger I can't remember. I think that is too much of a modern look. I'm having more fun with the pt fixin it up,then my chevy xtreme blazer.but I did get alot of young guys look at the truck.lol xtreme cindy
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:33 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
i wouldn't necessarily say don't waste your money. if you get an airaid or k&n that come's with a heat shield box like this one

or you could do the air box mod and put in a drop in filter, here's the mod thread How to: Air filter box modification
She's got a GT, so she don't need to all that work...and in a Turbo, an intake it is a waste of $$$
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cindy, Cindy Cindy!

Some playing around with your picture:

Ink line drawing then airbrush over that -

Charcoal drawing -

Colored chalk over ink drawing -

Edge highlight then remove colors -

My very favorite, reversed image colors, then pencil drawing, then spray painted the body in
metal flake gold and sprayed in all the other colors, then airbrushed in the shadows....
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:03 pm
Young Cruiser

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SO VERY COOL!!!!! xtreme cindy
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Tis nothing, those are simple scripts that I run to create a bit of flair with my photos. Now the following two are "paintings" done with my pen pad, I blow up your photo to around 16 mega pixels in size, which is just smaller than 8.5" x 14", so I can draw it on legal size paper. These transfer to canvas very well, depending on where you take them. I've got these type hanging all over my house as big as 24"x36".

Anyway, here's the first one - this is a pen and ink drawing, then colored in with felt tip pen over the top of that, on 65 pound linen -

This one, well I don't do many of these as they are a real pain to work with sometimes, but yours really came out well - watercolor on 80 lb heavy bond -

If you want the originals (they are way too large to post here) then send me an email to ptcruiser at hugginsnet.com (you know what to do here) and I'll send you the originals.