Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
multi-function switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2011, 08:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default multi-function switch

is there any way to test the multi-function switch.my dash lights,tail lights,radio wont dim and chime will not go off when lights are on and the ignition switch is off .ive read all i can and i think this is my problem. can anyone help
thanks in advance
Old 14 Sep 2011, 08:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: multi-function switch

You would probably need to read a schematic to troubleshoot. The electrical components in our cars are not the best. I had to replace mine when the fog lights stayed on and killed my battery. You can buy from Advanced Auto Parts. Try this link for a discount, if it doesn't work I can email you one.....

Welcome to Advance Auto Parts - Exclusive Friends & Family Offer

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 09:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

you might want to be careful with tho's after market parts, especially electronic components. Our PT's don't like them.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 07:10 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
you might want to be careful with tho's after market parts, especially electronic components. Our PT's don't like them.
I read somewhere that the one Advance Auto sells is the same part number as MOPAR. The post had a side by side pic

edit: It was Auto Zone not Advance Auto. Here's the linky: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f123...r-part-559953/
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer

Last edited by OurPTGT; 15 Sep 2011 at 07:13 am.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 09:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
That's only true of sensors. I got a MF switch from RockAuto on my daughter's GT - it's been fine.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Sep 2011, 09:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thankx guys i guess i'll go buy one and see what happens,i'll let you know the results
Old 15 Sep 2011, 11:00 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

ok thanx for the clarity. I knew that was true for the sensors but wasn't to sure about the mf switch. I was hoping someone would come in and correct me.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 08:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok people heres the scoop.i replaced the multi switch an it worked .i got it from auto zone and it an original part.then after i replaced the switch ,i opened th bad one ,i thaught it was going to be full of relays,diodes and other stuff ,but all it is ,is a curcuit board and sliding contacts.on mine one of the contacts seems to have over heated and got stuck on the spring.so i got it loose and now it spring like it should .iwill be testing it next sat (my only day off) and let you know if it works