PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello, I'm happy to be here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2012, 04:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hello, I'm happy to be here.

Hello All,
I just purchased a 2006 GT 5spd., High Output w/ 45,000 mainly towed behind a camper miles. So, I wanted to come on board with you all and try and fit right in. Looking forward to reading all your posts on subjects and reading all the valuable (hopefully!) information you all have to share. Also, I hope I posted this in the right place.

Quick question, do our turbo cars require a "cool off" time before shut down and "warm up" time before taking off? The owner's manual did not say. Thank you in advance.

Another quick question, does anyone know a good place or way to get a service manual for 2006 for a fair price? Thanks.

Bryan
GTCRUISER2006

Last edited by GTCRUISER2006; 12 Jan 2012 at 08:22 pm.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 04:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hello, I'm happy to be here.

Bryan, welcome to the forum.

1. Hopefully your using synthetic oil and if so, a cooling down period isn't necessary but some would say even with synthetic, if you've been running hard, it won't hurt.

2. Look through here: PT CRUISER TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS LIBRARY to find some of the technical information you might need including some manuals. Thanks to Chromenut for that addition to the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 05:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Bryan, I'll send you a PM regarding the service manuals. Welcome aboard! As to the cooling down period, it's really only necessary if you've been pushing it hard, or towing something. Anything that would push you up into boost. Personally I start driving like a normal person (cause I usually don't) when I'm about 2 miles from home. Then maybe a minute or so of cool down. That's mostly because I'm partially insane and at 50 years old I drive like an 18 year old.

So welcome to the forums!!!

Old 12 Jan 2012, 05:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum from Long Island,NY
2003 GT Turbo HO,Autostick,Stone White,Stage 1 ECM,Composite Intake,BTG Strut Brace,2004 GT Race pedals,Mopar BOV,VMS 10.2mm spark plug wires,NGK Copper plugs,K&N Drop In Filter,Air Box Mod,Gates Hi-Miler Upper & Lower Blue Radiator Hoses,Gates HP Blue Timing Belt,Clark & Clark Hood Struts color matched to car,PTeazer LED Teardrop Tail Lamps,245/45ZR17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS,Blue Tokiko struts and shocks,Eibach lowering coils front & rear ,Eibach sway bars front & rear,New Moog Lower Control Arms,Hyperflex Master Bushing Kit,Moog Strut Mounts,MB Motorsports Alpina 17x7.5,Mopar sub,AMI billet locking fuel door,2005 GT Stainles BrakeGas and foot Rest peddles,PTeazer Billet Door Sills,Billet emergency handle,EGR rain guards,Air horn,9" shorty billet antenna & a splash of bling
Old 12 Jan 2012, 05:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Welcome to the forums!

Whole bunch of great people here! be sure and add yourself on the map in the new members section!
Old 12 Jan 2012, 06:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Hello, I'm happy to be here.

welcome to the forum
Old 12 Jan 2012, 06:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Smile Re: Hello, I'm happy to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCRUISER2006 View Post
Hello All,
I just purchased a 2006 GT 5spd., High Output w/ 45,000 mainly towed behind a camper miles. So, I wanted to come on board with you all and try and fit right in. Looking forward to reading all your posts on subjects and reading all the valuable (hopefully!) information you all have to share. Also, I hope I posted this in the right place.

Quick question, do are turbo cars require a "cool off" time before shut down and "warm up" time before taking off? The owner's manual did not say. Thank you in advance.

Another quick question, does anyone know a good place or way to get a service manual for 2006 for a fair price? Thanks.

Bryan
GTCRUISER2006
Welcome GTCruiser2006.
I also have an 2006 GT, with about 40 thous. miles....hope you love yours as
much as I love mine...great cars, so far no major problems with mine, but it's good that we have all the folks of this site to help if we do run into trouble. My GT is not a stick, rather it is an automatic, black in color you can take a peek at it in my gallery. I warn you that the mod bug will bite you...and it never seems to be satisfied until it empties your wallet! But, before it turns loose your PT will look a whole lot better! Say, you might post a picture of your car in your gallery so we can see it! Welcome aboard! I think you will enjoy this site and all the great folks....PTpreacher
Old 12 Jan 2012, 06:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
That's mostly because I'm partially insane
partially insane?
Welcome GTCruiser2006. pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy the forum. if you ever have a question there is alway someone here that can steer you in the right direction.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 08:17 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayo View Post
partially insane?
Welcome GTCruiser2006. pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy the forum. if you ever have a question there is alway someone here that can steer you in the right direction.
ditto - welcome - lots of help here.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 11:40 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTpreacher View Post
Welcome GTCruiser2006.
I also have an 2006 GT, with about 40 thous. miles....hope you love yours as
much as I love mine...great cars, so far no major problems with mine, but it's good that we have all the folks of this site to help if we do run into trouble. My GT is not a stick, rather it is an automatic, black in color you can take a peek at it in my gallery. I warn you that the mod bug will bite you...and it never seems to be satisfied until it empties your wallet! But, before it turns loose your PT will look a whole lot better! Say, you might post a picture of your car in your gallery so we can see it! Welcome aboard! I think you will enjoy this site and all the great folks....PTpreacher

I have the 06 5 speed as well. Drove from Dallas to Iowa City Iowa to buy it with 17k miles in July. She just rolled over 20k miles today

Yes the mod bug will hit, some more than others, and to different degrees.

Here is my PT GT stock lol, it looks so innocent here

How it looks now, but alot of goodies underneath it all!