Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
It could end up at my house.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2012, 06:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default It could end up at my house.

I came across a 03limited. NA 5spd. 60,000 milesblue i geuss you could call it navy. I think almost all the goodies. heated power seats, leather. sun/moon roof, cruise, cd and cass.plue more im not sure whats std. and whats opt. they want 4,995. new snows on steel rims no hubcaps. body is dent and rust free. just need a good buffing. Im trying to decide if I should take out a loan and get it.
then sell my base pt, what I worred about is what I can get for my old one. 160,000 but a new engine. all new tires and front end.its a 5 speed a couple small dents back by the tail lights. that rockers have had the rust repaired but there black and the car is silver. and 3, 1/4 inch holes in the hood from the hood ornament. the int. is almost like new.and everything works ecpet the A/C needs charging.
what do you think a fair price would be. giving in the last year it has had about 2500 bucks in work done.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 06:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: It could end up at my house.

It doesn't matter what you spent in the last couple years and people wonder why you had to spend that much. Not looking up your profile but I'm guessing you have an 01 or 02 since you wouldn't buy older than you already have, I think. Holes in the hood, a couple of dents, rust coming through, 160K and the A/C doesn't work (you say it only needs recharging). Consider a loan for the full amount if you really want the 03 and ANYTHING you get for yours is gravy. Sorry, you asked.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 07:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

my old one is a 03 also. the pervious owner didnt keep up with a maint. thats why I put so much in to it. the rust is gone and it has new sheet metal rockers welded. just not colormatched. its been a daily driver 25MPG almost every tank.there small dents ez to fix, i was going to redo the body this spring. the new engine has to be worth somthing there.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 07:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey, I'm only one person and you asked. Wait for some others to respond. There's so many PT's out there for sale, I see one in almost every used car lot so I would think only the low mileage, top condition ones are pulling in a decent price.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 07:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

I know crewzin. im just asking what a ball park price would be that you guys would think is resonble asking price. and also is 5k out of line or a good price for the other. thats all no worrys.

Last edited by rayo; 17 Jan 2012 at 07:50 pm.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 08:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

In my area,a 2003 in the condition that your car is in with similar miles would go for around $2000.Not knocking your car or anything but the PT's really dont hold their value unless they are in really good condition with low miles.As far as the Limited that you're looking at $4995 is a good starting point but I would offer $4000 and go from there.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 09:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Around here, 4995 for an '03 limited N/A auto would be off the lot in a matter of days. An N/A 5- speed, not so much. Around here, the 5-speeders want a Turbo for performance.

That's just my opinion, of course.

As to yours with 160,000 and the shape it is in - if you have a place to park it, you might consider keeping it for a parts car or winter (snow) driver or parting it out.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

In my part of the world, Starting point for a driver of any kind of car is low 2s. somebody wanting a cruiser might pay 25 or a little more at tax time. The new motor normally tells me beware and look very closely. Just say'n! But you most likely wont get that much as parts. One color & no holes would be better. Pretty junk sales better than ugly good cars. People know what looks good not what is good.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Another thought. Get one of those wide molding that go down the middle of the hood , if wide enough to cover holes. Get a spray can the color of the car and paint the rockers. then it will bring the money easier. The less things they see to do the more they can forgive on every thing else. Might leave hood ornament off the new one. Have to sell it sometime. Just a thought.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 12:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

naaa got to have my hood ornament. its the logo to my DJ'ing co. i was fuguring i would ask 2500 starting for it and I could go down and if I ended up selling it for 1500. Id be happy.even with what I have into it and feel i have got that out of it in the past year.