Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pricing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pricing?

Quick question...i am currently trying to sell my 2003 PT touring automatic transmission(car has every option except leather) with 36000 miles....wondering what price i should post as asking price( had put $5800 OBO...but have had no replies)....would like to get an idea of what fair price would be....thanks in advance
Old 23 Jan 2012, 07:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo44pct View Post
Quick question...i am currently trying to sell my 2003 PT touring automatic transmission(car has every option except leather) with 36000 miles....wondering what price i should post as asking price( had put $5800 OBO...but have had no replies)....would like to get an idea of what fair price would be....thanks in advance
Your good on the money. especially with the mileage. Be patient tax refunds on the way and it will pickup. I'm a dealer and haven't sold a car this year. Feb. is always a lot better.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Afton

For what it is worth I paid $5200. for an 04 base Cruiser with 106,000 miles but all maintaince done with new tries and brakes. I may have given too much but I knew a good bit about the car.

Larry
Old 23 Jan 2012, 09:41 pm
Banned

I wouldnt buy it at that price.

Its still a 9 year old vehicle.

I would be concerned how long it sat.

Age is more of a concern than miles imho

I would lower the price or have good maintenance records. Just because it has low miles doesnt mean it will be reliable.

Good luck
Old 24 Jan 2012, 09:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Used cars are higher than at any time in the past. Go to Kelly Bluebook.com & do the value for yourself. Remember this is a guide & retail is a dealer price. Privet party value would apply. No matter what, low mileage is always king regardless of what you hear. As is condition. You will see what your are asking, (assuming condition matches mileage) is a very reasonable price. From here to June buying will be strong, be patient. Fill free to tell potential buyers the retail value. So they can compare that to what your asking. Not to many 35k PTs to compare to.

Last edited by Busted_PT; 24 Jan 2012 at 10:44 am.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 07:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

You mention your a dealer.

Dont you folks use something called Black Book.
Basically the Black Book value is what most dealers use for trade in because it lets them know what up to date auction prices are?

I am told the black book is more realistic than KBB, KBB over prices values at the trade in and retail price. So dealers use Black book to quote trade in and KBB for retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Used cars are higher than at any time in the past. Go to Kelly Bluebook.com & do the value for yourself. Remember this is a guide & retail is a dealer price. Privet party value would apply. No matter what, low mileage is always king regardless of what you hear. As is condition. You will see what your are asking, (assuming condition matches mileage) is a very reasonable price. From here to June buying will be strong, be patient. Fill free to tell potential buyers the retail value. So they can compare that to what your asking. Not to many 35k PTs to compare to.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 24 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
You mention your a dealer.

Dont you folks use something called Black Book.
Basically the Black Book value is what most dealers use for trade in because it lets them know what up to date auction prices are?

I am told the black book is more realistic than KBB, KBB over prices values at the trade in and retail price. So dealers use Black book to quote trade in and KBB for retail.
The black book is used on trades because it's a better price in favor of of the user(dealer). They sell from NADA or other because again the price favors user.

Nobody around hear sells out of black book. Only trade in's or dealer purchasing. The sell price is derived out of the other books.

Last edited by Busted_PT; 24 Jan 2012 at 10:28 pm.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I think is a little high, IMO.. Somebody I know just bought an 03 Dream Cruiser 5 speeds Turbo with 44k miles for $6400 from a dealer
$4500 -$5000 is more realistic, if you really want to sell it

Last edited by XtrmDC2; 25 Jan 2012 at 08:39 am.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 09:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here an old beater car starts at 2k If you can get them. I guess every market is different. The book will reflect your particular area. Good luck.