PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pricing?

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:12 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: .new york
Posts: 7
Default Pricing?

Quick question...i am currently trying to sell my 2003 PT touring automatic transmission(car has every option except leather) with 36000 miles....wondering what price i should post as asking price( had put $5800 OBO...but have had no replies)....would like to get an idea of what fair price would be....thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2012, 07:50 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,886
Default Re: Pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo44pct View Post
Quick question...i am currently trying to sell my 2003 PT touring automatic transmission(car has every option except leather) with 36000 miles....wondering what price i should post as asking price( had put $5800 OBO...but have had no replies)....would like to get an idea of what fair price would be....thanks in advance
Your good on the money. especially with the mileage. Be patient tax refunds on the way and it will pickup. I'm a dealer and haven't sold a car this year. Feb. is always a lot better.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville Tennessee
Posts: 46
Send a message via AIM to Afton
Default Re: Pricing?

For what it is worth I paid $5200. for an 04 base Cruiser with 106,000 miles but all maintaince done with new tries and brakes. I may have given too much but I knew a good bit about the car.
__________________

Larry
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2012, 09:41 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 3,722
Default Re: Pricing?

I wouldnt buy it at that price.

Its still a 9 year old vehicle.

I would be concerned how long it sat.

Age is more of a concern than miles imho

I would lower the price or have good maintenance records. Just because it has low miles doesnt mean it will be reliable.


Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2012, 09:59 am
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,886
Default Re: Pricing?

Used cars are higher than at any time in the past. Go to Kelly Bluebook.com & do the value for yourself. Remember this is a guide & retail is a dealer price. Privet party value would apply. No matter what, low mileage is always king regardless of what you hear. As is condition. You will see what your are asking, (assuming condition matches mileage) is a very reasonable price. From here to June buying will be strong, be patient. Fill free to tell potential buyers the retail value. So they can compare that to what your asking. Not to many 35k PTs to compare to.

Last edited by Busted_PT; 24 Jan 2012 at 10:44 am.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2012, 07:40 pm
VNT's Avatar
VNT VNT is offline
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Pricing?

You mention your a dealer.

Dont you folks use something called Black Book.
Basically the Black Book value is what most dealers use for trade in because it lets them know what up to date auction prices are?

I am told the black book is more realistic than KBB, KBB over prices values at the trade in and retail price. So dealers use Black book to quote trade in and KBB for retail.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Used cars are higher than at any time in the past. Go to Kelly Bluebook.com & do the value for yourself. Remember this is a guide & retail is a dealer price. Privet party value would apply. No matter what, low mileage is always king regardless of what you hear. As is condition. You will see what your are asking, (assuming condition matches mileage) is a very reasonable price. From here to June buying will be strong, be patient. Fill free to tell potential buyers the retail value. So they can compare that to what your asking. Not to many 35k PTs to compare to.
__________________
VNT

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,886
Default Re: Pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
You mention your a dealer.

Dont you folks use something called Black Book.
Basically the Black Book value is what most dealers use for trade in because it lets them know what up to date auction prices are?

I am told the black book is more realistic than KBB, KBB over prices values at the trade in and retail price. So dealers use Black book to quote trade in and KBB for retail.
The black book is used on trades because it's a better price in favor of of the user(dealer). They sell from NADA or other because again the price favors user.

Nobody around hear sells out of black book. Only trade in's or dealer purchasing. The sell price is derived out of the other books.

Last edited by Busted_PT; 24 Jan 2012 at 10:28 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: Pricing?

I think is a little high, IMO.. Somebody I know just bought an 03 Dream Cruiser 5 speeds Turbo with 44k miles for $6400 from a dealer
$4500 -$5000 is more realistic, if you really want to sell it

Last edited by XtrmDC2; 25 Jan 2012 at 08:39 am.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jan 2012, 09:08 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,886
Default Re: Pricing?

Here an old beater car starts at 2k If you can get them. I guess every market is different. The book will reflect your particular area. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help on Pricing 02 PT Cruiser djreinx General PT Cruiser Discussions 4 04 Jul 2011 07:43 pm
stage 2 pricing is in (facts) insane1 Stage Turbo Kits 46 25 Feb 2004 06:34 pm
CDN pricing and info Punch PT Cruiser Convertible Forum 0 29 Jan 2004 06:37 pm
2004 PT Cruiser pricing... Gary04GT PT Cruiser News and Rumors 1 17 Aug 2003 12:47 am
NEW, "Big Brake" Upgrade! Intorductory Pricing PremierAutomotive Vendors & Buyers Forum 0 23 Aug 2002 03:31 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors