Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replaced all fuses, radio, mirrors, door locks, and interior lights don't work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Replaced all fuses, radio, mirrors, door locks, and interior lights don't work

Hi all,
I just downloaded the manual from Candyman's post and will start researching.
I replaced the battery today and at first put it in reverse pole. I got an arch and realized what was wrong. Got the battery in and found that the radio, interior lights, electric mirrors and door locks were not working and the odometer was flashing between the mileage and "no fuse" I thing is what it was saying. I replaced all fuses located on the interior drivers side dash are but still have those four items not working. Is there another are that was affected by the cross pole arch?
Old 01 Feb 2012, 01:10 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced all fuses, radio, mirrors, door locks, and interior lights don't work

Please tell us what year cruiser you have. there were major electrical system changes between 2005 and 2006.
Old 01 Feb 2012, 01:24 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced all fuses, radio, mirrors, door locks, and interior lights don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
Please tell us what year cruiser you have. there were major electrical system changes between 2005 and 2006.
i believe he has a 2001 to 2005 series as those had the interior fuse box.

i would suggest checking the fuse box under the hood by the pcm.
Old 01 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi all. It's a 2001, Limited Edition, auto trans, 2.4L, and I located the second fuse box under the hood with the help of CREWZINs post. I pulled all fuses that I was able to detect any broken/blown fuse links and all were good. There were some 40 amp fuses, one for lighting. I moved the 40s around and was not able to get the interior lights to work. There were a few 10s, 15s, and 20s, however all were good. Guess I have to find a mechanic since my usual guy retired at the end of last year.
Old 02 Feb 2012, 12:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

IMHO- Use a test light to check both sides of the fuses. if they check good, Check all your grounds. If you have a separate ground to your test light to the hot on the dome light and it works, that's your problem, the ground. At the same time see, if you hot to the test light and at the light, ground it, then you have a fuse/power problem, +battery side. Fuses can look good but can not always test good.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by fabreezai; 02 Feb 2012 at 12:13 am.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 01:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks fabreezai, sorry for being gone so long. For some reason, I cannot find the settings to get notifications of replies.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 11:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
Thanks fabreezai, sorry for being gone so long. For some reason, I cannot find the settings to get notifications of replies.
I have to subscribe to each thread I'm tracking.
Liked you signature.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I have to subscribe to each thread I'm tracking.
Liked you signature.
I finally found that out.
Old 03 May 2012, 08:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hello - Help! 2001 base PT Cruiser. I'm also getting a "no fuse" message. No dome light and no radio. No fuses blown in either panel, all checked tight. Changed the IOD fuse to be sure. Found no voltage and apparent short on dome light outlet (bulb removed). Thinking I need to trace the dome light wire & look for a short - any better things to try next? If not, How do I remove the interior trim without breaking things so I can start looking for it?
Thanks!
Ron H
Old 04 May 2012, 05:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

2nd try - I took off the fascia over the DS windshield post and there was water at the bottom of it. Along with that, the inst panel and odometer started blacking out intermittently, didn't seem to change with bumps or stopping/starting. Is it possible that I have water somewhere bad?

Where would I start looking?
Thanks!
Ron H