Advertisements
locking / unlocking question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2012, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default locking / unlocking question

hi all,
owned my PT for about 6 months now, in the UK so its a UK model - 2000 Ltd

i hadnt really thought about it until a mate of mine got one too, but when i lock / unlock the car, there are no indications apart from the door pins lifting/dropping that it has locked/unlocked. on his, the indicators (turn signals) flash. mine dont. can anyone suggest a solution for this or how to turn this feature on? if i sit inside the car and use the fob to lock it there is a relay click behind the glovebox but no lights flash.
i know its not really a problem but i like everything to work as it should.

thanks in advance

Jonno
Old 02 Feb 2012, 04:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: locking / unlocking question

Jonno,

My owners manual doesn't say anything about the lights flashing (they do) but it does talk about the horn chirp. Maybe this also works the lights flashing.

Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the switch to the ON position.

Press and hold the Unlock button on the transmitter for between 4 and 10 seconds.

Continue to hold the Unlock button and press the Lock button.

A chime will sound to signify that the process is complete.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Feb 2012, 04:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Does your PT open all doors or just the drivers door when you unlock or do you need to 'double click' to open all the doors a the same time?

My user manual (not sure of the differences compared to the US version) tells me that I can turn on/off this feature by turning the ignition on/off 4 times and then press unlock on the drivers door. This didn't seem to work for me, still only opens drivers door on the first press. I can't remember anything about the lights though.

Check your manual and see if its the same?

I'm not sure if the UK models have the horn chirp, I can't remember any PT here having it but I suppose all the owners I've met could have just turned it off.
Old 02 Feb 2012, 05:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hi,
i have to "double tap" the unlock button to unlock all doors, the first tap only unlocks the drivers door.
in my manual it states that "the "front position lights" will flash to signal proper operation..."

i wondered whether this meant the fog lights and as my front fogs dont work i wondered if this was the reason, but my mates PT of the same year flashes the indicators when locking or unlocking.

ive tried the process as above to turn on the chirp but i read somewhere that the chirp feature is disabled for UK models...?
Old 02 Feb 2012, 05:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoSkye83 View Post
hi,
i have to "double tap" the unlock button to unlock all doors, the first tap only unlocks the drivers door.
in my manual it states that "the "front position lights" will flash to signal proper operation..."

i wondered whether this meant the fog lights and as my front fogs dont work i wondered if this was the reason, but my mates PT of the same year flashes the indicators when locking or unlocking.

ive tried the process as above to turn on the chirp but i read somewhere that the chirp feature is disabled for UK models...?
Mine is the same, I don't think we have the chirp !

Try the procedure for opening all the doors with one press. When I tried it didn't work but all my lights do flash when locking/unlocking.
Old 02 Feb 2012, 05:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

just tried the process, it worked for me, the doors now all unlock at the same time with one press of the button, but still no flashing lights or chirp.

one thing i did notice... after cycling the ignition on/off 3 times, the digital display changed to "P 2345" (not sure of the numbers but it was numbers) then "done" does anyone know what this is about?

still looking for advice on the lights...
Old 02 Feb 2012, 05:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

its ok, just found out that it was one of two diagnostic modes. the code shown meant there were no faults (Whoopee)

the other diagnostic mode involves holding down the trip reset button when switching the ignition on.

so... back to original problem
Old 02 Feb 2012, 05:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoSkye83 View Post
the other diagnostic mode involves holding down the trip reset button when switching the ignition on.

That starts a test of the numbers and dials on the dash.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Feb 2012, 06:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Handy to know

im gonna go out tomorrow and check all the fuses, including the ones under the bonnet. it must be something simple... !?

2000 PT Cruiser Limited Edition Auto
Old 02 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was on here to find out about this very same problem but i bought my car brand new and they flashed up until a few days ago and now they dont. Its not a huge deal but it does drive me crazy. I was going to look into it but figured i would come on here to see if anyone had the same problem. I am going to call the dealer and look through the owners manual tomorrow so ill be back on here with an update.