Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Potential Cruiser Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Feb 2012, 05:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Potential Cruiser Owner

Went and looked at a car today. The guy swears the spare tire look and brushed metal grill are part of a special package but you guys said its not. I think it was sold to him like that (2nd owner) I attatched a few pics. The only problem I saw a a little oil leaking from somewhere. I attached a pic with an arrow pointing to the area. If you look directly down behind the engine on the drivers side. There was a small pool of oil sitting on top of the transmission? I could barely reach it but it looked like oil on my finger. I didnt see anyplace obvious that it was leaking from. It was a non turbo engine. Going to look at a 04 turbo tomorrow. White, leather, under 60k miles. Any clue where this oil came from and is there any special areas of concern to check on the turbo model. Ive been readig through the posts as I have time. A lot of great info on here. Thank you for all of your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrysler-pt-cruiser-cincinnati-oh_40705_04305241_22.jpg (54.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg pt cruiser.jpg (13.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg grill.jpg (92.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 07 Feb 2012, 06:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Potential Cruiser Owner

Nice looking car but the grill and conti kit are aftermarket and not part of any special edition from Chrysler. Both can be found here..

Grill and Conti Kit
Old 07 Feb 2012, 06:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good looking cruiser. The tranny solenoid pack is a source for leak and it's on that side but more towards the front. Not too much of a problem to fix that but it's only a guess if that's where the oil is coming from.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Feb 2012, 06:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yep thats it. Sanatanadharma was correct! I like the grill. Kinda pricey. I could do without the Conty kit. I think when he bought it, they told him it was a special anniversary package.
Old 07 Feb 2012, 06:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Some dealers did do a special version of the PT like the dealer in Daytona that put a few extras and a decal kit plus some different wheels and called it the RON JON Special after a well known surf shop in New Jersey, South Carolina and Florida.

Between the conti kit and grill on yours, that would be too expensive for the dealer to do (plus install and paint) and hope that it sells.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.