PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Part#? 03 pt foglight pigtail/harness whole assembly came unattached and disappeared!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Arrow Part#? 03 pt foglight pigtail/harness whole assembly came unattached and disappeared!

The Drivers side foglight along with the wiring harness/pigtaill.. dropped off of my vehicle .. somewhere.....
I have found the foglight assembly housing online as well as the bulb etc and found the cheapest place for me to get them is from amazon.
PROBLEM! I don't have the pigtail/connector that plugs into the bulb as it was ripped off whenever the light fell from its carriage..
Calling the dealership was of no help whatsoever.. I have to bring the car in, I guess my explanation wasn't enough to be able to find a part #
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As I stated, I've located the housing/bulb, just need the part number for the "socket/pigtail/connector/wiringharness" Not sure what to call it.
God bless - Matt
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Part#? 03 pt foglight pigtail/harness whole assembly came unattached and disappea

Got mine at the Junk yard. 1-5 are the same for sure.
Old 09 Feb 2012, 01:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Part#? 03 pt foglight pigtail/harness whole assembly came unattached and disappea

They refer to a part number, but say it's only serviced in a 'Package'

Quote:
82205451 Part Name LIGHT KIT FOG
MSRP $181.00
I do have the connector for the Neon fogs; If you can't snip one off at a JY, I'd be glad to post what they look like; you'll have to compare and figure out if they take same bulb.
For that matter, any vehicle that uses the same bulb should work.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 09:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Interesting.. Idea about the dodge neon foglight connector, as our local upullit junkyard has no ptcruisers.. I'll have to take a close look at the one on the passenger side and maybe even go in with the bulb and see if I can find something similar/usable. I'll let you know. Suck,s you can by both foglights as a kit for 30$ online ...but a harness online... WHO KNOWS?? Crazy, but what a weird item in the first place!!..
Interesting kit, but that's a little toooooooo pricey for just the connector.
Still wondering if there is an actual part number though,
In the past, a similar situation, I had them order what they called a "pigtail" for my right rear turn lamp, they found that no problem.. but then again I was looking over his shoulder at the parts catalog! I think I paid about 15$ for it. But worked and saved me the hassle..
So if anyone has a catalog and can see anything, please, do chime in.
God bless
Old 11 Feb 2012, 10:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Seen several PTs being parted out on this sight. Maybe try & get a pigtail from one of them. Easier than trying to get new.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Sometimes rockauto will have the connectors, especially for something common like a bulb
Here's the Neon ones;