Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Buying wife the PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Buying wife the PT Cruiser

Well, I went and looked at a 2004 limited, black leather, turbo. Its got 57000, 1 owner. The interior is like brand new. Ive seen 2 year old cars that arent this clean inside. Found 1 little ding in the passenger door. They had maintenance records. They just put new lower control arm bushings and motor mounts on it. Didnt see any leaks. Checked all of the suggested areas and it looked ok. Being a turbo still scares me a bit but it ran good and has had regular oil changes. I got it for $6000 so if I have to put a few dollars in it, Im not hurt. This is probably one of the cleanest 8 year old cars I have ever seen. I attached a few pics. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (1.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (1.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Buying wife the PT Cruiser

Sorry the pictures are tiny. Ill have to get better ones!
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'v seen several turbo pt with well over 100k with no issues. You should be in great shape. Congrats.
There this celebration is just for you.
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Congradulations and welcome to the forum from NY. Don't be concernered about a Turbo. The engine is built for it. Use synthetic oil and keep up with preventative maintaince. I have 110k on mine and I go 8k between oil changes without adding oil. Feel free to post your experiences good or bad.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 08 Feb 2012, 10:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Looks good! Welcome to the family! Lots of great people to help you out here if you ever need.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Good find, just wait until the modding bug hits you! Those few dollars you are going to put in may multiply
Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Your wife will love you even more but don't expect her to let you drive. I speak from experience. Seriously though, sounds like a good deal, hope she enjoys!

It's the wife's PT......but I get to drive it on occasion

2003 Inferno Red GT.........no mods.....stock.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

acmectec2001,

Now that you have driven the Turbo PT cruiser. What is your wife going to drive?

My wife surprised me with a cherry 2003 Turbo PT with 21,500 miles for Christmas. Really comfortable, fun to drive. The first thing I did, as recommeded by People on this site was to switch to full synthetic oil. Also they advised using premium gas at least 91 Octane. Look in the Turbo forum for other suggestions. Enjoy

Bigjoedo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Cruiser.jpg (99.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Bigjoedo,

lol, your GT is the twin to the one I bought for my wife last April, also a surprise!

It's the wife's PT......but I get to drive it on occasion

2003 Inferno Red GT.........no mods.....stock.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum from Long Island,NY
2003 GT Turbo HO,Autostick,Stone White,Stage 1 ECM,Composite Intake,BTG Strut Brace,2004 GT Race pedals,Mopar BOV,VMS 10.2mm spark plug wires,NGK Copper plugs,K&N Drop In Filter,Air Box Mod,Gates Hi-Miler Upper & Lower Blue Radiator Hoses,Gates HP Blue Timing Belt,Clark & Clark Hood Struts color matched to car,PTeazer LED Teardrop Tail Lamps,245/45ZR17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS,Blue Tokiko struts and shocks,Eibach lowering coils front & rear ,Eibach sway bars front & rear,New Moog Lower Control Arms,Hyperflex Master Bushing Kit,Moog Strut Mounts,MB Motorsports Alpina 17x7.5,Mopar sub,AMI billet locking fuel door,2005 GT Stainles BrakeGas and foot Rest peddles,PTeazer Billet Door Sills,Billet emergency handle,EGR rain guards,Air horn,9" shorty billet antenna & a splash of bling