PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pacific Coast Highway Edition

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2012, 08:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Pacific Coast Highway Edition

Hi my name is bonsylrc. I bought a 2007 Pacific Coast Highway Edition Pt Cruiser (my first car ) about six months ago. This is my first post so I hope I got this right . Anyways my question is... Was the PCHE (Pacific Coast Highway Edition) only produced in a certain quantity? The reason I ask is because some limited Pt's were made in limited numbers and I was not sure if the PCHE was or not. Thanks in advanced for your help.
Old 09 Feb 2012, 11:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Pacific Coast Highway Edition

I'm sure it was made in limited numbers because they only made that edition for 2007. In 2008 Chrysler came out with the Sunset Boulevard Edition. I can't tell you if they made a certain production run of a particular number of cars but certainly you have 1 of very few made.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I agree with Crewzin...My dealer had a Pacific Coast Highway 5speed Cruiser for almost 2 years---they could not sell it---finally it went for cost when Chrysler went bankrupt..like $10,500! new with a lifetime warranty on engine! Anyway they are low production very nice vehicles-non-turbo though--alot of look without the punch & the newer restyled PT-front & interior--some like--some don't...good luck with it and enjoy--not sure on production #'s..MJB
dougs likes this.

Last edited by mjb457; 11 Feb 2012 at 08:05 pm.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 06:54 pm
Young Cruiser

oh wow. I wish mine was a 5speed ... but it isn't. Thanks CREWZIN and mjb for the help. I was pretty sure that few were made but I was not sure how few. It is a great cruiser! The suspension is a bit stiffer than a normal pt and the stock tires are 215mm tread width. She handles corners extremely well all things considered. I have been toying with the idea of upgrading the sway bars and getting a k&n cold air intake.

Last edited by bonsylrc; 12 Feb 2012 at 05:25 pm.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 07:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome and congrats on the PCHE
Old 11 Feb 2012, 08:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send pics & how many miles on it??:
Old 11 Feb 2012, 09:18 pm
Young Cruiser

about 63600 miles on it (about 2500 of them by me). Thanks pt_tom . So how do pics work on this site? Also kinda funny story about getting the PHCE. We were in the dealer's lot standing next to a blue pt cruiser (not mine) while we waited for the dealer to go get the keys. While he was gone I looked down the isle and saw the PHCE not knowing what it was at the time and thought "I wish I was standing next to that pt cruiser right now." ... Turns out the dealer actually was getting the PHCE's keys. He was confused because they had two blue cruisers on the lot and the one we were originally standing by was out of our price range. I was like

Last edited by bonsylrc; 12 Feb 2012 at 12:53 am.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 09:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Pacific Coast Highway Edition

Welcome from OkieLand!
Definately the car that Arnold should be driving in Kal-E-Fo-Knee-A!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 12 Feb 2012, 08:00 am
Senior Cruiser

For posting pics, you need to upload them to an online photo account like Photobucket, Imageshack, Picsa, Flickr, etc Then you can come back and insert the images in post using the insert image icon above the post box.

As for how many PCHE were made, I've never seen any figures on it. At one time it was possible to email your VIN to Chrysler and the could tell you (took a long while) how many of that particular model was made. With all the changes I don't know if it's still possible.....

But we did find some interesting info, for example one fellow here some time ago had a 05 factory red/black two tone GT 5 spd, turns out they only made 15 of that combo! There were only 60 of the red/black 04 Touring Editions like mine
Old 12 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt_tom View Post
But we did find some interesting info, for example one fellow here some time ago had a 05 factory red/black two tone GT 5 spd, turns out they only made 15 of that combo! There were only 60 of the red/black 04 Touring Editions like mine
That's pretty awesome!

I thought the pics worked like they do on other forums. Thanks for confirming that pt_tom

I have been doing a bit of digging on the forums about the PHCE and I wanted to clear up a few things...

1 It does have a moon-roof option (unless the previous owner installed lol)

... that actualy is the only misconception I have to answer to at this time