Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Is my car possessed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2012, 03:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Is my car possessed?

Ok, I know my PT isn't possessed, however, it's starting to feel that way. If anyone has any idea what might cause this, I would love them dearly. Here's the background:
I have a 2007 touring edition convertible cruiser, which I bought used in 2008. It was a prior rental car. I was told at the time that the car didn't have an alarm any longer, however, after purchasing the car, the alarm kept going off, so I took it to my local dealership (I bought it 4 hours up the road from a different dealership). When trying to figure out why the dismatled alarm was still going off, they managed to shock the electrical system, and the security shut down feature on the car went off. I didn't have my new car for two whole weeks. I finally got it back, and this is when the fun began...

First, the car started turning off while driving. I, of course, took it to the shop, but they couldn't find anything wrong. This went on for about six months. I would be on the highway, driving about 70mph, and the car would just turn off. I would have to move over onto the shoulder, get it to a stop, completely turn off the car (radio and other devices would come back on, but everything else remained off), and turn it back on in order to make it home. After about six months of this occasionally happening, it just stopped.

There are breaks of a few months between episodes, but the episode will usually last for a few months.

Next, my wipers start turning on. This was the next issue with the car. Keep in mind, this stuff only happens when the car is on. My wipers would be turned off, but they would suddenly start going, and I would have to turn the car off and on again in order to get them off. Turning the wiper switch on and off didn't work. If I just kept driving, they would turn off on their own after about 15 minutes or so.

Next, it was the stereo. Same thing.

Then, my check engine light. It would come on, I would pull the codes, and there would be about 10 of them. After 2 or 3 restarts, they would go away. I took it to the shop, it wouldn't do it for them. They checked the codes I had written down, no problems.

Then, I was having engine misfires. I got all of my coils and spark plugs replaced. It kept doing it.

Then the cruise control went....and came back...and went again...and came back again...

THen it was the fan for the heating and a/c

Then my locks, on and off the whole time I'm driving

Then the windows

Now, for the most recent one. My car has been in the shop all day, and they can't find anything wrong, and no codes. For the last few days though, my car would suddenly take off! While I'm driving. I could take my foot off the gas, and it would keep accelerating. It's an automatic. (I hate automatics). I had to shift into neutral, brake, stop the car, and then I would see the RPMs finally going down. Also, while in Park, my dad and I were checking on the car to see if we could figure it out, and while in park, the engine again revved, and the emissions made a single "pop" noise. It wouldn't do any of this for the dealership today.

My question is, could this all be maybe from my ECM? Wouldn't that control everything electric with a chip? Or, is my car haunted? I love this car, and I've had no problems with it really, except for the evil spirit possessing it that we named Mitch. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 04:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Is my car possessed?

id say drive it to a good pentoscal church and ahve them pray over it

Tags
ecm, pop, possessed