PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fuse box questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2012, 11:56 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007
Smile Fuse box questions

What section do i go to to ask questions on electrical? *ex: Fuse box related questions*
Old 13 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Fuse box questions

good question.

i'd say right here until suggested otherwise.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 01:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007

well here it is: I have a 2005 Touring edition. basic model. no power seat adjustments, no heated seat or mirrors etc. Many options that my car didnt come with. But my fuse box still has the spaces for these things. what I am wondering is this.... if my car never came with the option, will these spaces in the fuse box still have power to them... for example if i wanted to put a fuse in these spaces and wire tap a wire into it to add something would i be able to do this? if so, what would be the best fuse to use that cuts off with the key?
Old 13 Feb 2012, 02:27 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Depending upon the empty fuse space, there may or may not be the required sockets (connectors) and wiring on the back-side of the fuse block.
If the fuse socket is not there, the fuse tabs won't have anything to engage.
You would need to pull the fuse block and look to see if the space is wired such that you could use the circuit. Some fuse locations are designed to be always hot; while others are switched trough the ignition switch. You need a wiring diagram to determine the answer to the question of which locations are switched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtwheels2007 View Post
well here it is: I have a 2005 Touring edition. basic model. no power seat adjustments, no heated seat or mirrors etc. Many options that my car didnt come with. But my fuse box still has the spaces for these things. what I am wondering is this.... if my car never came with the option, will these spaces in the fuse box still have power to them... for example if i wanted to put a fuse in these spaces and wire tap a wire into it to add something would i be able to do this? if so, what would be the best fuse to use that cuts off with the key?