Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Installing gauges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2012, 08:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Installing gauges

Im planning on putting in a water temp gauge and a volt gauge. Just wondering where I need to run these things to
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Installing gauges

With all due respect, if you have to ask where to run the wires, I suggest you let a qualified mechanic do the install.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Or you can answer my question. I have technical know how, if I know where I need to attach these things, I can do it. I'm not going to pay a mechanic for something I know me and my buddies can do.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 07:42 am
Banned

you can buy pillar pods from several differant vendors. That's what most of our fellow owners have done. Race & Street, PT Boutique, Andys, Auto truck Toys, etc are some of the most reliable vendors. I don't have the links at my fingertips right now, but I'm sure someone here will chime in or I'll be back later with them.

I'm going to make up several differant set-ups that will be one-off customs sometime this year. I'm retired and now have lots of time on my hands to do stuff like that. I'll post pics when I get them done.

Good luck.

Jerry
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:03 am
Senior Cruiser

Go to auto meter.com and look for installation, look for the gauge your planing to install and it will show you where the cables goes! The volt is super easy, the temp you either need to put a new sensor or you can use the factory one! Good luck!!!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to PT_Panel

wwpptc I sure hope that you do start making, especially a pillar pod dual and triple for the 06+ PT's. I can't find anyone that makes these and we, second generation would like to have some of the custom stuff that 1st generation gets without having to rig something together. Hurry I need a dual piller pod for an 06 Lt.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:11 am
Regular Cruiser

I'm buying my pillar and gauges from autozone
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:36 am
Banned

Actually the pillar pod is just one of five differant spots that I have in mind for the gauge pods. Three of the other four have never been done before. One of them will be for "1/4 mile" use only. The remaining three will be the ones that I think will be the most appealing to the most people imho.

As far as timing, unfortunantly I've got a bunch of projects that I have to do and I start them as the urge hits me. Also, keep in mind that all of the parts that I make will be custom-hand made items and thus low volume only will be available. I'll let all of know as I get the various protoypes done. You'll be first in line for either of the three pod styles for the 06 up PTs.
]
I've actually had the "race-only" pod done in its prototype form for some time now. I'll dig it out of the pile of stuff in the shop and reinstall it so I can get pics up later this week. It can be easily conformed as a single or double gauge pod. It can be used on the public roads but is not in the most convenient spot for that application.

Jerry