PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
P0303, aint that a biotch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2012, 02:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default P0303, aint that a biotch

so i just got this code and bought me some new plugs. hopefully that'll fix the problem. gotta check the vacuum lines too, wish me luck
Old 13 Mar 2012, 09:49 pm
Banned

Default Re: P0303, aint that a biotch

Danny when was the last time you did the plugs AND WIRES? If it's been along time or a lot of miles you should probably be doing both. I would get chrysler "blue" performance or MSD or Crane wires. I think maggie can get both MSD or Crane for you. The copper plugs (second best conductor out there) listed on the decal on the top of the radiator when you open the hood is fine for the N/A. Gap them at no larger than .040 and no smaller than .035. I'd do .040. The plugs should come with anti-seeze. Put some on if they don't. Also boot/plug tip grease to keep the boots from freezing to the plug tip. Same grease should go on the plug wire terminals of the coil. They sell small tubes of each at parts stores. I know you already knew all this, just putting it up for the nubies. By the way, if you don't have a plug gapping tool, get the "wire-loops" type, not the solid tapered 50-cent looking tool.

Jerry
Old 14 Mar 2012, 01:10 pm
Veteran Cruiser

well it's been over a year since i changed the plugs and wires, and i did take a road trip to florida and back. i was just gonna change the plugs but you think i should change the wires too?
Old 14 Mar 2012, 01:18 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
well it's been over a year since i changed the plugs and wires, and i did take a road trip to florida and back. i was just gonna change the plugs but you think i should change the wires too?

If it's only been a year, then no, I wouldn't think you need wires this soon unless you didn't use an upper tier wire set. What brand did you use?

Jerry
Old 14 Mar 2012, 02:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

and the really sad part is Im sure that will help but that dreaded code will most likely reappear its a hard one to fix and get rid of
Old 14 Mar 2012, 03:29 pm
Veteran Cruiser

lol, i have B&B wires. i thought they were a good brand
Old 15 Mar 2012, 03:50 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
lol, i have B&B wires. i thought they were a good brand

B&B is not a brand I would trust. I would use a name brand like Chrysler "blue", MSD, CRANE Firewires, Taylor or Maganacore just to name a few of the most popular and most recommended (no negative feedback) ones. I'm sure you can find them online. As I mentioned above, I don't recommend gapping the plugs over .040 and in your case if you bought the coppers they will be great for your application.

Jerry
Old 15 Mar 2012, 04:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

you knwo as small as the wires actually are and no longer than the spark has to travel id say just about any wire is way better than the stock ones
Old 15 Mar 2012, 04:19 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
you knwo as small as the wires actually are and no longer than the spark has to travel id say just about any wire is way better than the stock ones
So your logic is, that getting a bottom of the line or even middle quality product would be just as good as getting a proven top-of-the-line, high quality product that is comparitively priced (this IS one of the cases when you get what you pay for), just because they are all better than the stock factory wires?

If I had my choice I would buy the best wires I could. Why would you want to do the same job again before you need to, when the cheaper but "better than stock' wires don't last as long or perform as well as the high quality wires. Your logic fails to impress me.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 15 Mar 2012 at 07:34 pm.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 09:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
So your logic is, that getting a bottom of the line or even middle quality product would be just as good as getting a proven top-of-the-line, high quality product that is comparitively priced (this IS one of the cases when you get what you pay for), just because they are all better than the stock factory wires?

If I had my choice I would buy the best wires I could. Why would you want to do the same job again before you need to, when the cheaper but "better than stock' wires don't last as long or perform as well as the high quality wires. Your logic fails to impress me.

Jerry
yeah honestly i want the one's that Chrome has, he said that they were 10mm's but i do want to check out some of the names you suggested. I already bought the double plat's cuz i have an NA, i thought that copper plugs were more for the turbo models?